Rooms from real life

I just realized that rooms have the same problem an people in DAZ.  They don't live. Don't get me wrong, we get beautiful rooms, splendid rooms. we get run-down rooms as well, derelict, abandoned.

But with exceptions (like Tesla3Dcorp 's dirty kitchen and some bedding stuff which looks a bit like cumpled covers and cushions),  ther is no room with a "used" feeling. At least none I found. No sofa slightly faded and patched where the cat used it's claws ... no chipped-off paint in juniors playroom ... no broken bowl glued together aegain bcause it's a beloved, inherited item you will not miss... Out-of-the-box everything looks shiny and new, ready for advertising.

Okay, I can use clutter. Easy. I can use dirt shaders, Easy. But shaders don't make just a shipped-off edge. Don't allow for a sofa partially bleached where it faced the sunlight.

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Browse both forward and backward in time in this thread and you'll get more pics of this awesome set (the whole creation process has been documented):

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3731931/#Comment_3731931

- Greg

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Yessss! That looks like a real lived-in-house! My cat is waiting with an eagerly twitching tail for this awesome cat-tree.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

How about the Imaginary House Rundown rooms? https://www.daz3d.com/rundown-apartment plus a bedroom. 

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 505

Add to that that there are rarely switches or outlets. It's details like that that I notice when I look at room sets. And most electrical and electronic props don't have cords. Even though switches, cords, wear and tear, etc. aren't the focus of a render, I think that sometimes the brain subconciously notices that they are missing (like the asymetry of a face/body).

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Chezjuan said:

Add to that that there are rarely switches or outlets. It's details like that that I notice when I look at room sets. And most electrical and electronic props don't have cords. Even though switches, cords, wear and tear, etc. aren't the focus of a render, I think that sometimes the brain subconciously notices that they are missing (like the asymetry of a face/body).

Indeed, it gets flagged subconsciously and after looking at an image for a few seconds or so we start to 'frown at the image'; I'm describing my reaction, which means I then start looking for what's off.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Sorry, but rundown house is not the same as lovingly decorated, but a tiny slightly bit shabby, used and lived-in home.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

*looks at my own house* well, okay...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Sorry, but rundown house is not the same as lovingly decorated, but a tiny slightly bit shabby, used and lived-in home.

I have to disagree.

My house has a number in very good condition, well appointed and decorated, although the decoration is a couple of more years old; two give the impression of rundown.

• Most of the dorm rooms you can find are nicely lived-in, though too large for actual dorm rooms. (This one's not so great.)  There's also some at Rendo.

My best recomendations though are the Kelly Lodge and the Sci Fi Crew Quarters, though neither is contemporary.

For present day, the Shinjuku Living set is better than most.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

As an addition, living styles are depending a lot on where someone lives. And the person's age. And his finacial status. And his taste in furniture and/or decoration... and many other things.

So yeah, most of the rooms available don't look anywhere close to the rooms lived in by people I know.

But there's always kitbashing wink