Render Throttle for DAZ Studio helps LUXUS?

OnieOnie Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,
I am wondering if this can make LUXUS be faster, or is it only for 3Ddelight?
thanks

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Render throttle is intended to optimize your 3Delight render settings. It won't necessarily make things render quicker, but it can speed up getting the right balance of settings for a particular piece. It has no impact with Luxrender at all. Luxrender is the render engine used by Luxus.

If you want to speed up renders with Luxus, I strongly suggest looking at some of the existing threads on the subject. Luxrender is an entirely different beast when it comes to how to set up scenes and you can't rely on Daz Studio's materials to render in Lux in the same way that they render in 3Delight. Daz's shaders are entirely incompatible with Luxrender, which is why Luxus acts as a bridge to convert materials to the correct format. Unfortunately, this is not an exact science and not all materials convert well, or at all.

I can't recommend enough that you read up on how Luxrender deals with materials and handles lights. This information is crucial to understanding how to set up a scene so it will render faster.