Red/blue glow on objects After DAZ 4.10 update

I recently updated D|S from 4.9(not sure of the full revision number) to D|S 4.10.

When I open a scene, one of my character's hair will have this odd red and blue glow to it and a planter prop has a blue glow on it. It seems random in that not all hair assets do this an not all props display the discoloration.

When I render the red/blue effect isn't there, but it's really annoying to see this in my viewport while I'm working. 

Comments

• stephenschoonstephenschoon Posts: 351
    edited July 2018

Yeah, I get that as well, mine is usually yellow, started after updating from 4.9 to 4.10, renders are fine, mainly happens with Out of Touch's hair products but sometimes other stuff.

Support ticket #258388 opened 9th Dec 2017, they didn't want to know. I maintain it's something in the 4.10.0.123 update, before update no problem, after update problem, nothing else changed. Re-installed everything, no change, asked support for previous Daz Studio version to test, can't have it.

Intel i7, X299 motherboard, 32GB RAM and dual GTX1080Ti.

S.

Post edited by stephenschoon on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I get the same thing. I hope enough users report it that they find a fix, it really is annoying.

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

I might be mis-remembering, but I thought I saw something about this being related to the items in question using something other than the iRay Uber Shader. I seem to recall that I had one item that was doing this, and when I applied the Uber Shader, it stopped. 

But my memory is not always to be trusted... LOL

• pufflehuffpufflehuff Posts: 28

Yeah, I get that as well, mine is usually yellow, started after updating from 4.9 to 4.10, renders are fine, mainly happens with Out of Touch's hair products but sometimes other stuff.

Aaah, I see...how annoying. I see it almost on all OOT hair pieces, but I did see it on various scene props too. I'm glad you made the connection to OOT products. I loaded the Ocean Waves hair asset in Poser Pro 11 and it had that odd red glow to it. It's either my system specs OR a procduct issue. frown

I get the same thing. I hope enough users report it that they find a fix, it really is annoying.

I hope so too! xD While this issue is minor, it's a very inconvenient one.

• pufflehuffpufflehuff Posts: 28
    rames44 said:

I might be mis-remembering, but I thought I saw something about this being related to the items in question using something other than the iRay Uber Shader. I seem to recall that I had one item that was doing this, and when I applied the Uber Shader, it stopped. 

But my memory is not always to be trusted... LOL

Oooh? When I load the hair assets, they're discolored "right out the box" so to speak. If it isn't too much trouble, can you point me in the direction of this Uber Shader? (I'm not completely familiar with Uber items, shaders/lights/ect. :S )

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

I’m AFK right, now, but it’s under Shader Presets, as I recall. You can select a surface, hold down the CTRL key and double click on the base Uber Shader to apply the shader without changing the textures on the object  

BUT....

Just because you CAN apply a different Shader doesn’t mean you should. OOT (and others) may be using custom shaders for a reason - OOT may deliberately have a custom hair shader as part of how OOT’s hair blending works.

I seem to have discovered the “Uber shader” relationship when converting a 3Delight asset to iRay. But if the renders come out ok, you MIGHT want to leave well enough alone...

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

While it is an annoyance, the OOT hairs will still render properly.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    edited July 2018

I also have this issue. I thought it was perhaps my setup. Glad to see it isn't. Those colors will also turn other shades at times, instead of the standard default Yellow highlight.

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • RedSoulRedSoul Posts: 59

Sorry to BUMP this topic, but I recently did a complete reinstall of DAZ 4.10.0.123 and now some of my environments have this blue glow to them and some hair has this reddish glow. I didn't have this problem before when I was on 4.10, nor did I when I was on 4.11. Was there a solution to this issue?