How do you do batch renders?

FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611

Let's say I have three DAZ scenes. How can I batch render them over night, dedicating two hours of rendering time to each scene?

Comments

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

There is a very good batch renderer plug-in by Dimension3D available over on Rendo. I use it a lot for exactly what you’re describing - queuing up a bunch of renders to run overnight.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
    edited July 2018
    rames44 said:

There is a very good batch renderer plug-in by Dimension3D available over on Rendo. I use it a lot for exactly what you’re describing - queuing up a bunch of renders to run overnight.

Is it this one? https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/batch-renderer-for-daz-studio/110993

Do you know if it works for animation?

Post edited by Flortale on

Yes.  Works fine for animations.

• rames44 said:

Yes.  Works fine for animations.

Does it work for Iray?  It looks quite dated - for Daz 4.5 'and up' - and as far as I can see it hasn't had any updates.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Sure does. I've had this for about 2yrs now and have had ZERO problems with it. I render exclusively in iRay. 

Ditto.  The only issue I’ve ever had with it is that it if I have smoothing dialed up, it doesn’t always wait long enough for all that to settle before rendering. But that’s a rare issue. Otherwise, I’ve never had an problem with it.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

There's another really good batch renderer over at Draagonstorm's shop, here at DAZ.  I've been using it since it first came out. It can handle Iray but I don't know whether or not it does animations.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

There's another really good batch renderer over at Draagonstorm's shop, here at DAZ.  I've been using it since it first came out. It can handle Iray but I don't know whether or not it does animations.

Cheers,

Alex.

You can't batch render animations with it. But you can render one animation at a time and monitor the progress, which can be quite useful.

• rames44 said:

Ditto.  The only issue I’ve ever had with it is that it if I have smoothing dialed up, it doesn’t always wait long enough for all that to settle before rendering. But that’s a rare issue. Otherwise, I’ve never had an problem with it.

The workaround I found for the smoothing issue is to turn on the interactive update option on items with a smoothing modifier before rendering.  Everything else I tried had no effect.  I have no explanation or logic for that, just trial and error, mostly error.

• I used the Batch Render from Ralf at Rendo or many years - but somehow it don't work anymore. Must be broken with an update from DAZ Studio. It doesn't show in the Pane Menu and not in the Plug in Window. I tried to reinstall but it doesn't help ..

Does anyone have an idea?

• mshesmshes Posts: 0

info_ec1c772afd said:

I used the Batch Render from Ralf at Rendo or many years - but somehow it don't work anymore. Must be broken with an update from DAZ Studio. It doesn't show in the Pane Menu and not in the Plug in Window. I tried to reinstall but it doesn't help ..

Does anyone have an idea?

Same problem. Daz doesn't see it anymore. Any fix?

• Just came across this Forum. Wanted to invite you to check out Boost for Daz (https://boostfordaz.infinite-compute.com/) .  We are a Daz approved partner providing a remote access to NVIDIA GPU acceleration (perfect for Macs, PCs and Desktops) and optimized for Daz Studio.  Feel free to reach out to us on our Boost for Daz discord server, or go here for our knowledge base.  If you happen to a Daz+ member,  you are already pre-registered for a 10% discountyes

• I have an older version of DAZ instralled on my PC. THe plug in still works for there. I just load all my scenes into the batch queue there.