Dumb question, where do I install Genesis products to?

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
edited December 1969 in The Commons

First, I tried searching for an already existing thread for this, but couldn't find one. I haven't used DS4 in several months, so I forget this part. I'm trying to install Drakon for Genesis. I have been using DS3 since the problems I had with DS4 started (which are solved at the moment). With DS3, I installed stuff to C:/Users/my name/ Documents/Daz 3D/Studio3/content. I know that I need to install it somewhere else, but I don't know, and I don't want to create more problems for me. Please help.

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

If you installed DS4 using the default content directory path then it should be here

C:/Users/Your Name/Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library

Hope this Helps... :)

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Niccipb. That's exactly where it went. I'll have to remember that from now on.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Just remember that when you install Genesis items in their default directory, everything will be found in the "People" folder. Keep this in mind if you are trying to look for your Genesis items and presets in the Content Library or using Scripts on your Gen 5 content. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Actually not everything for Genesis is in 'People', Raw's stuff like the Drakon you will find in 'Presets'.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Actually not everything for Genesis is in 'People', Raw's stuff like the Drakon you will find in 'Presets'.

Ahh, I see. I don't really by from PA's unless they have what I'm looking for. I'm mostly very brand savvy with DAZ Originals, mostly for PC reasons.