Adjusting an existing iRay Sun Dial

Okay, I have the scene Iray Presets for DS Enchanted Forest rezzed into DS, and have placed a character such that he's standing in the middle of it.  I can see an asset named Sun Dial in my viewport, consisting of a slender yellow cone at one end of a dotted line, and another slightly wider yellow cone at the other end of that dotted line, and from renders it is pretty clear this dingdoodle indicates what direction the sunlight is streaming in from.  I NEED to rotate that sunlight 180 degrees around in the scene so it is coming from the front of the character instead of from the back of him, but when I select Sun Dial from the Scane tab and then go into Parameters, there is NO apparent way there to rotate the thing around.  A web search points me to some other threads here that state this can be done from some completely different part of DS, but they don't tell me any kind of step-by-step on how to get to whatever part of DS I need to adjust that from.  I get some terribly vague thing about it being in Render Presets, but when I look under the Render tab, and then at the Render Settings tab under that, I don't see anything by that name there.  Going into Envoronment > Dome and adjusting the Dome Orientation sliders has zero visual effect on the postition of the Sun Dial asset.  I'm probably looking in the VERY wrong place, but I don't really know where else to look.

When looking at the Sun Dial asset in the scene, how do I Dial the Sun around to the direction I need it to be?  oO

Comments

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited July 2018

Nevermind, I think I have it figured out...  drilled down farther into the Sun Dial's sub-items in Parameters, saw one in there that had sliders for Elevation and Azimuth and played around with the Azimuth.  Doing a render now to see if that brought more light to te front of him.

edit: Okay, did the render, and the change in sunlight direction didn't make any obvious difference.  >>giggles<<

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on