Problems with a Michael 4 robe.

Hello everyone. I need a dependable robe for M4. I am designing biblical characters and I need clothing that work. I baught the Moroccan Dreams for Michael 4. It does not fit properly. See attached .jpg. Has anyone had the same problem? If so, has any one worked out a solution?

Bad Fit.jpg
1220 x 915 - 133K

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

I don't have that product but I do have the monk robe.. that pose with the monk leg can't be done with the monk robe it's too extreme for it..

but anyways... you need to select the robe and adjust the handles/bones for that position.. ie.. the thigh or similar and try and get close to what you require.

as for the sleeve... I have no idea why that did that.. the monk robe has no problems with that type of pose.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

piccy with monk robe on M4

monkrobe.jpg
    734 x 666 - 73K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

The skirt does work as intended. Long skirts are not rigged as the legs as real skirts don't "stick" to the legs, they drape around them, so rigging skirts to follow the legs leads to unrealistic poses, and also to mesh stretching as the skirt is basically split in two independent parts.

For example with the pose in your pic, if the skirt followed the leg, both the front and back of the left side would bend to the front, and the middle of the skirt would stretch to accomodate for this. In real life the back of the skirt wouldn't move to the front, and the right side of the front would move too to accomodate for the movement.

So instead you get morphs or bones which enable you to pose the skirt realistically, for example front and back independently.

• msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    edited July 2018
    Stezza said:

piccy with monk robe on M4

Thanks Stezza, I figured the skirt had to be posed manually but it is good to know the upper part works. That solves my problem for still renders.  Animation will be a later problem.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    Leana said:

The skirt does work as intended. Long skirts are not rigged as the legs as real skirts don't "stick" to the legs, they drape around them, so rigging skirts to follow the legs leads to unrealistic poses, and also to mesh stretching as the skirt is basically split in two independent parts.

For example with the pose in your pic, if the skirt followed the leg, both the front and back of the left side would bend to the front, and the middle of the skirt would stretch to accomodate for this. In real life the back of the skirt wouldn't move to the front, and the right side of the front would move too to accomodate for the movement.

So instead you get morphs or bones which enable you to pose the skirt realistically, for example front and back independently.

Thanks Leana, at least now I know what to expect.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI :)

For robes, or dresses,. you should look at the "VWD Cloth and hair" plugin. for Carrara by "Virtual World Dynamics",.

it's available over at the other site.. 

you can then create your robe/dress in carrara and simulate it to drape or animate with the figure.

hope it helps :)