Omnifreaker Uber Area Light

tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86

To make an object glow, I keep seeing references to Omnifreaker's Uber Area Light. I don't want to appear too stupid, but I can't find it at all. I went to Omnifreaker's web site and see nothing to download. I went to the DAZ store and do not find it listed. Would someone please point me in the correct direction as to where I can find it?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

First question, are you trying to use this for Iray, or for 3Delight?

If yo are rendering in 3Delight, Uber Area Light is not working there, as it is a 3Delight light.

The light itself can be found under DS Defaults Lights, it downloads and installs with the DAZ Studio Essentials.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited July 2018
    BeeMKay said:

If you are rendering in Iray, Uber Area Light is not working there, as it is a 3Delight light.

The light itself can be found under DS Defaults Lights, it downloads and installs with the DAZ Studio Essentials.

I think Bee meant if you are rendering in Iray, Uber Area Light doesn't work since it is designed for the 3Delight engine. For Iray renders, you just need to modify the Surface settings in the Emission area to make a surface cast light.

Post edited by JonnyRay on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    BeeMKay said:

If yo are rendering in 3Delight, Uber Area Light is not working there, as it is a 3Delight light.

Uhumm, the UberArea light is a shader, found in shader presets/Omnifreaker/UberAreaLights.