Carrara Gallery and other things.

Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the latest version of Carrara from 6 Pro. I've not used Carrara in some time now.

First I thought I'd look at the Gallery and found the Carrara / Hexagon Gallery. Problem is none of what comes up is Carrara? None of the images list Carrara in the software used? It's all Poser, Studio or even Vue but no Carrara renders? Are the Galleries not yet put together? I'd like to see examples of recent renders to know if I should consider the upgrade.

Second, man is this site sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not mention it if it were just a little slow, but it's so bad pages are timing out at the store, at the galleries and here at the forums.

Comments

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Hi Blaine,

Apologies if you've seen this already, but it is a thread from the old forum of recent Carrara renders:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=162354

Hope it is helpful.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a pretty limited Carrara gallery here: http://www.3d.wetcircuit.com/category/gallery/
    -
    if you're looking for a reason to upgrade that would impact your renders, 64bit and render layers (use to be G Buffers) are huge improvements. C8 is MUCH more stable in the texture room, and the OpenGL preview is much improved. Lights (and light effects) can be used as particles, and the atmosphere and Plant room are overhauled. Transparency shader got fancier.... Most things got faster.
    -
    C7.2 is a very stable version. If you can find a cheap upgrade don't hesitate. C8.5 is also good but still in beta (C8.1 not perfect, but it's not too crashy)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2 comments.

First. THe Galleries are indeed not working on the SIte yet, they will be added in at a later date.

Second, do you think that this thread would maybe be better if it was in the Carrarra forum. It is easy for moderators to move it there for you if you agree.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    2 comments.

do you think that this thread would maybe be better if it was in the Carrarra forum. It is easy for moderators to move it there for you if you agree.

Sure, I put it here without thinking about that.

edited December 1969

I have a pretty limited Carrara gallery here: http://www.3d.wetcircuit.com/category/gallery/
    -
    if you're looking for a reason to upgrade that would impact your renders, 64bit and render layers (use to be G Buffers) are huge improvements. C8 is MUCH more stable in the texture room, and the OpenGL preview is much improved. Lights (and light effects) can be used as particles, and the atmosphere and Plant room are overhauled. Transparency shader got fancier.... Most things got faster.
    -
    C7.2 is a very stable version. If you can find a cheap upgrade don't hesitate. C8.5 is also good but still in beta (C8.1 not perfect, but it's not too crashy)

Thanks so much, that's the sort of info I'm looking for. That and I can get a good idea from galleries. I use Lightwave but I've never been thrilled with the interface. I'm thinking of either upgrading Carrara or perhaps leaping into Modo. I wanted to compare what really matters and that's the output. Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Cbird said:
    Hi Blaine,

Apologies if you've seen this already, but it is a thread from the old forum of recent Carrara renders:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=162354

Hope it is helpful.

Thank you. :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks again folks. I'll have to see if the Demo will run with 6 Pro installed and give it a test drive. I was also not aware CarraraCafe existed.