Hiring a Character Modeler.

pectabytepectabyte Posts: 41
edited July 2018 in The Commons

Hey guys,

My name is Alex and I'm a sci-fi writer whose trying to get some concept art turned into animatable characters compatible with Daz 3d and Genisis 8. Here is one of the characters I'm trying to get created and I'm wondering if I'm in the right place to attract the attention of a modeler/designer. I'm looking to get both the helmet and the character's head created for this model:

Post edited by pectabyte on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I would suggest that new Users is probably not the best forum for a thread like this as the forum is designed for people who are beginners, learning to get to grips with new software.

You can move the thread yourself by clicking on the gear icon in your first post, clicking on edit in the drop down and then changing the category on the left hand side of that page.   I would suggest possibly Art Studio would be better, or the Commons, although it will get lost fast in the Commona.

• pectabytepectabyte Posts: 41

I'm going to try moving it to the commons first. Thanks. :)

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

I wish you good luck! That is going to be a great looking character!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited July 2018

Very nice concept art indeed.

Artists are likely to require the underlying shape/size/dimensions of the character without the clothes though. It also seems to me that what you require are both a character shape, and the clotheing items.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

You want this as a new model or a meshup from existing daz characters to get as close as possible?

• pectabytepectabyte Posts: 41

Thanks for showing interest guys. Sorry for the late reply.

nicstt said:

Very nice concept art indeed.

Artists are likely to require the underlying shape/size/dimensions of the character without the clothes though. It also seems to me that what you require are both a character shape, and the clotheing items.

Thats possible. Are you an interested artist?

Linwelly said:

You want this as a new model or a meshup from existing daz characters to get as close as possible?

Whatever you think will produce the better result. Are you an interested artist?