Love the gloves! How well do they fit G8M?

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

I am totally in love with these gloves: https://www.daz3d.com/glove-a-licious-for-genesis-8-females-and-fbx
But I would love to use some of them on my guys. Can anyone who bought these, confirm how well or bad they fit g8m?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I'm curious about that product. I'd like to see more promos with figures wearing them. There is one- with the last hand in a fist pose, so presumably they will work with G8M using autofit. But without seeing more, I'd wait. Maybe someone who buys them will test them and let us know.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

looked at this then I noticed the creator and remembered the other clothing looks fatastic but wondered if it was a lot of extra work to get it to work in daz know some got the other products to work. Details in the product descriptions a basic how to on the other products now btw Marvelous Designer is mentioned for  needed? for posing

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I think once you see FBX format, you need to go unhappy face.

I think these are unrigged and you'd need to do something to get them to be worn by Daz figures.

That's my guess.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited July 2018

The product info says they are for Genesis 8 female (FBX AND .duf files) which suggests to me that they are rigged.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Might well be rigged.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/54115/file_list

The question is, how well? I'm no stranger to trying to convert various glove models to work with Genesis onwards... it's not necessarily a trivial task.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

Because G8F is mentioned, I suppose they are rigged and fitted to her. But perhaps the PA will wander in here to give some clarification? :D

well don't forget they started to sell a few maya products here and recently they released several g8 characters/products for maya so strictly speaking it is accurate tos ay made for g8 it's just the daz application of the product that may be tricky will work but you probably gotta do some work same goes when using content made for other programs and getting it to work in daz  like poser for example. On a side note was thinking it is kinda funny how all these other programs have their own content but they all want to use daz created stuff in their programs like it's better quality and price

again though I'll admit the products this creator has made look really good

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Three quick renders, autofitted to G8M, two with provided materials, yellow is leather shader preset.

Glove

glove

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

Oh, they fit quite well! Will purchase for sure, thank you!

• I see you've figured it out already. But, officially: all the gloves are rigged!

Enjoy!