Installation Troubles.

Hi fellow Daz3D-User,

I just installed Daz3D and something really went wrong, I created my Account here, downloaded the DAZ Install Manager and changed the Directory, probably where the trouble begings:

I installed the Install Manager to E:/DAZ 3D/DAZ3DIM1, no problem so far, fired it up and because I wanted to have all components/libraries also on E: I switched the Directories to:

-Downloads to E:/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads

-Installation to 32Bit/64Bit E:/DAZ 3D

-Content Folder to E:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library

-DAZ Studio 4.5+ to E:/DAZ 3D/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

-Hexagon 2.5 (32bit) to E:/DAZ 3D/DAZ 3D/Hexagon2

Installation worked smooth, all Modules were downloaded and installed, should work fine, right? Nope.

In DAZ Studio all my Products show up, but without previews, a warning triangle at the bottom and I cannot load anything to work with.

Allright, lets reintall the modules and start again, well, now DAZ Studio is somehow completely whiteish with barely readable buttons, and nothing is usable.

Reinstalling again, this time make it a clean installation, DAZ Studio looks again like it should, but I cannot add my Account or use the Login-Button, and of course my Products are again without Preview and not loadable.

So were do I mess up? Is it generally not recommended to change the paths to the directories?

Hopefully someone knows what to do.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

In the Content Library pane right click on DAZ Studio Formta and in the Content Directory Manager that pops up add E:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library, do the same for Poser Formats.

• The white interface means you isntalled DS while it was running - close it, make sure it is close, uninstall, and reinstall.

You need tot ell DS where the content is - the simplest way is to download this sample script and drag it into the Viewport http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config_import/start

• EkhorEkhor Posts: 0

Thank you very much for your answers, thought that DS Studio would somehow take over the changed path from the Install Manager, except for 3 Scripts everything is now usable and few others either dont have a preview Icon or its just not displaying, but they are usable.

• EkhorEkhor Posts: 0

Thank you very much for your posts, changed the paths for the directories, thought DS Studio would somehow take over the changed paths from the Install Manager, but now everything is usable as far as I have seen, few Icons are still missing their previews, but maybe they dont have any, like the "dzdistantlight" and some animations/scripts.