DAZ Won't Render My Image.

Hi Guys,

Just trying to get an image over to Photoshop. When I try to render, even in spot render, I get nothing, not even black.   I have tried using the default camera and created a new one.  I was hoping to find a set for which camera to render, or something in the preferences, but his program, the little I've used of it, isn't very intuitive...

Any suggestions?   Thank you????

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

I assume you try to render with the Iray render engine?

If yes, please check the Advanced Rendersettings in the Rendersetting tab. Is a render engine (CPU, GPU) selected?

• Hi Bee,

Thanks for the repsonse.  I got it to render in Basic and Intermediate OpenGL, but I don't get anything in Iray.  I recently upgraded my video card in my Mac Pro to an 8 gig card.   Would that have anything to do with it?   Thanks again for the response...Ian

• I got it going.  Just logged ou and then back on.  Stupid.  I should have done that already.  Bug?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Logging in and out into the store shouldn't have anything to do with it.

As for Mac, I'm very sorry, but I can't help you with that, as I don't know about Macs.

Just one thing, your 8Gig catd is only of use for rendering Iray if it is nVidea. If it is not, you are rendering CPU, and that is very slow.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

What's in your scene, and how are you lighting it? One common cause of black-in-Iray renders is having an environment made before Iray was added to DAZ|Studio, usually including a skydome for the far background part of the scene. Before Iray, these skydomes could be set so that light can enter them from outside, without casting a shadow. Iray is designed to give "realistic" lighting, so there's no way for light to pass through a skydome. If your scene is lit only with Distant Lights, then no light gets inside the skydome and the render is black.

There are ways around this, but they depend on the details of what's in your scene, and how it's lit.