Smart Content Panel Not Functioning!

XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
edited July 2018 in The Commons

So, with the sales on, I've been purchasing a lot of stuff for a new project. All seems to work correct, up until the products I purchased on the 7th... All from different PAs. The products are showing up in the Smart Content panel, but none of them have a representative picture (it's a generic 'picture frame' icon with a triangle and exclamation mark in the centre). A bit odd, but... OK... They appear to at least install through Connect and I thought I'd wait to see if things sort themselves out. Even right-clicked and did the 'update metadata' option, which I'm unsure of the purpose of, but doing so didn't seem to correct anything.

But then I purchased some new products through the store yesterday - and none of those are even showing up, at all! They're in my account's Product Library, if I access the page, but are not showing up in Smart Content in order to install. I've logged into the account through Daz Studio, but the new items are not displaying.

Has anybody else encountered this? Could these two problems be linked? Everything else seems to be functioning as normal within Daz Studio except for these.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

How do you usually install? Always through smart Content/Connect?

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Nothing I purchased on the 8th has smart content icons, as well as several older items I purchased on the 5th.  Everything from the 4th and older appears to be fine.  

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

All of the images should be back now, there is a discussion about it along with tips on how to get it working over here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3777896/#Comment_3777896

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

@BeeMKay: Connect.

@DAZ_Rawb: That fixes the images! Thank you very much!

That just leaves the problem of why the three purchases from yesterday are visible in my account's Product Library, yet not showing up in Daz Studio, itself, after logging in. Wouldn't be surprised if this is somehow linked.

DAZ_Rawb said:

All of the images should be back now, there is a discussion about it along with tips on how to get it working over here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3777896/#Comment_3777896

Very cool, thanks!  I'll give it a shot when I get home from work

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Just as I was writing an official ticket, the issue regarding those new products seems to have spontaneously resolved itself! Must have been a server-related error.

Just as I was writing an official ticket, the issue regarding those new products seems to have spontaneously resolved itself! Must have been a server-related error.

In the link that Daz_Rawb provided it is explained what happened to cause the issue, as well as a work around in case the fix Daz implemented doesn't work