Slow iRay

Should a still image with only one directional light, at full intensity take over an hour to render on an i7 7700 with 32 gigs of ram, water cooled SSD and 2 GTX 980s SLI?

I can render a full 3 minute animation with great light settings in Blender in 20 minutes. iRay is making me want to quit Daz and I just got it. Spent a couple hundred bucks on Characters I later found out didn’t come with hair or clothes.... Thank god for freebie sites.

Not a huge fan of the Daz store pricing or IRay right now. But iRay renders some BEAUTIFUL images.

Can Someone share with me their render settings and any tips to get faster renders? One hour for a still image just won’t cut it for me. If I can’t fix this I’m going to have to export everything into Blender just to get Cycles Re

Thread title edited to remove implicit profanity

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    Part of the problem may be that Iray doesnt use SLI as I recall.
  • No, you should disable SLI for Daz Studio (I think you can do this in the nVidia control panel). Tips would be easier to offer if you could give an indication of your typcal scene contents, and how you light them.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Also, Intensity is not the correct control for Iray. The Lumen value should be controlled directly.