What do you get when yo mix Daz+motionbuilder+poser?[up_date]

wungunwungun Posts: 59
edited August 2013 in Art Studio

This is my project Itried my my best to do this in Daz but it could not be done. Daz just aint there with the animation tools i need,I still have hope for the software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26ChKV_QgY

Post edited by wungun on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

This is my project Itried my my best to do this in Daz but it could not be done. Daz just aint there with the animation tools i need,I still have hope for the software.

nice
    you could do it all in DS - I know I can

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,310
    edited December 1969

The animations interactions are great! I found the camera movements a bit spastic, but that also helped sell the action. Nicely done.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

nice
    you could do it all in DS - I know I can Hate to say it but yep, nothing here DAZ can not do. But it is a good Animation.

• wungunwungun Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Daz have not worked the bugs out of there Ik/fk-- So when i click on there hips and translate in the Y position down the feet go through the floor. When i parent A gun to the right hand and then i want to parent the left hand ik to the gun. So when i move the right hand not only will the gun move with it but the left hand will too. This can not be done in daz right now.It can be easily done in poser, now i am not trying to make this a debate. I am just saying i want to do animation like this in Daz but i can not do right now.

Now if daz would have an fbx import that would be great! i can bypass poser all together. A separate layer animation window would be great, Animate is alright but i cannot get the same kinda quality that i get from poser or better yet motionbuilder. I will always use daz products !
    \

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any Animation is a good animation, and yes Animate is not a total tool, but most of those things can be simulated in DAZ with work. And KeyMate, GraphMate both add a great deal to getting DS to a full function one stop shop. Also Casual has many Script files that fix many things DS can not do yet on it's on.

And I did say it was a GOOD animation.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited July 2013

Daz have not worked the bugs out of there Ik/fk-- So when i click on there hips and translate in the Y position down the feet go through the floor. When i parent A gun to the right hand and then i want to parent the left hand ik to the gun. So when i move the right hand not only will the gun move with it but the left hand will too. This can not be done in daz right now.It can be easily done in poser, now i am not trying to make this a debate. I am just saying i want to do animation like this in Daz but i can not do right now.

Now if daz would have an fbx import that would be great! i can bypass poser all together. A separate layer animation window would be great, Animate is alright but i cannot get the same kinda quality that i get from poser or better yet motionbuilder. I will always use daz products !
    \

DS does have a FBX import - don't know how you missed it .
    You can do layers in aniMate if you have the full version .
    You can do layers in Puppeteer too .

edit to add - if I had the money for motionbuilder - that's what I would use too .

Post edited by bigh on
  • Ghost_TrainGhost_Train Posts: 24
    edited August 2013

Not bad. So this was done in DAZ or did you animate this in MotionBuilder or Poser?
    I personally prefer Poser for a few big reasons. I'd be interested in seeing more of what you can do in Poser.

Post edited by Ghost_Train on
    edited December 1969

It was done by using Motionbuilder and Poser, I used Daz people. I am trying to find a way to use daz software in the mix but i have not made any breakthrough yet.

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Motionbuilder @ 4,195 $ US E..e..yowww that had better bulldoze a work path 6 or 8 lanes wide

edited December 1969

Yep Motion builder is sooo great at what it does. I know iclone uses some version of it to re-target characters. I am thinking about investing in iclone.

edited December 1969

At the end of the day im assuming you just want to make your movies right? I wont say anything bad about motionbuilder or daz. All apps have their strengths. But i suggest giving poser more chance in the equation. At first i wasnt sure about isining it but now i see how incredibly efficient it is as a stand alone app. While motionbuilder is great it need the help of other apps. Poser can do it all (aside from modeling) from animation to beautiful final renders. Check the RWBY trailers (red, white, black & yellow) we did using Poser. Rwby black & yellow trailers were the funest to do. Its was just MontyOum and myself. Really on the end whatever gets the job done best. But at this point im sold. Since then ive been working w smithmicro as a beta tester to try to make it even better for animators to use. Its definitely improvoving. Were always scoping around for more poser animators

edited December 1969

Ignore my insane typos. Its way past my bedtime

edited December 1969

Black trailer

Yellow trailer

Sent from my iPhone

edited December 1969

Yes poser can do it all! I just wanna know how you all at Roster do the toon shading in poser? I have been looking for an in depth tutorial, all the ones i have come across do not give me efficient understanding. Poser can do some nice toon rendering. I tried to use the toon render in poser but my figure just turns black for some reason? Love ya stuff cant wait for the next episode!!

edited December 1969

Really it's a mix of textures (ambiance to 1 so textures are always 100%. No lighting, shadows, etc) and the backface culling methods many games use for the real-time toon shader look. Basically there is a duplicate mesh that is scaled up slightly, all normals reverse, and its 100% black. In Poser you can only see one side of a polygon face. It's sort of hard to explain. Easy to understand when you see it. Try makeing a sphere with 1 material (any color/texture, doesn't matter). Then make another sphere, slightly bigger, reverse the normals so they face inward and make it pure black. You will notice there is a black line at the edge because of this.

edited August 2013

Some renders and animation tests enjoy!>>>>>

http://youtu.be/JG4v_wEjWqs

Post edited by wungun on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,310
    edited December 1969

Really it's a mix of textures (ambiance to 1 so textures are always 100%. No lighting, shadows, etc) and the backface culling methods many games use for the real-time toon shader look. Basically there is a duplicate mesh that is scaled up slightly, all normals reverse, and its 100% black. In Poser you can only see one side of a polygon face. It's sort of hard to explain. Easy to understand when you see it. Try makeing a sphere with 1 material (any color/texture, doesn't matter). Then make another sphere, slightly bigger, reverse the normals so they face inward and make it pure black. You will notice there is a black line at the edge because of this.

Thanks for that, great little piece of information.