Z- depth map of a futuristic city...

ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
edited July 2018 in The Commons

hello everybody....im trying to get a z-depth map of greebles city from stonemason.... i have already read the posts that refer to layer export bia canvases....i also read richards post about save it as an exr file...

problems im having....

a) it doesnt seem to have an exr extension to save...only jpeg tif bitmap etc....

b) it gives me a cempletely white scene....is it because i need to adust some depth factor like in octane...in camera or somewhere? 

C) if anyone has done it....is it possible to give a small step by step guide how to,do it? 

I wish Stefan @stonemason would read and give me a direct answer but he is usually very busy to bother with such posts...

Post edited by ISIKOL on

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    ISIKOL said:

hello everybody....im trying to get a z-depth map of greebles city from stonemason.... i have already read the posts that refer to layer export bia canvases....i also read richards post about save it as an exr file...

problems im having....

a) it doesnt seem to have an exr extension to save...only jpeg tif bitmap etc....

b) it gives me a cempletely white scene....is it because i need to adust some depth factor like in octane...in camera or somewhere? 

C) if anyone has done it....is it possible to give a small step by step guide how to,do it? 

I wish Stefan @stonemason would read and give me a direct answer but he is usually very busy to bother with such posts...

When you render canvases it will create a sub-directory alongside the png - look in there for the exrs. Once you find them they will need to be tonemapped in an image editing app (adjust exposure).

Sorry I can’t be more detailed at the moment but I am on a phone. Hope this helps.

- Greg

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEe2r5m7Fto&t=138s  - at about the 4:50 time frame it will tell you what to do with your white image. :) 

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,161
    ISIKOL said:

problems im having....

but with a title like that I'm sure to notice..

as algovincian mentioned they are saved to a seperate folder and then you just need to adjust exposure in Photoshop..it threw me the first time also

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

Guys thank you so much for your help! i really appreciate it!