Bison with lamh crashes my machine when I try to pose it.

I am having trouble using the bison https://www.daz3d.com/american-bison with lamh preset I can use the hairless one just fine. When the one with hair is loaded and I click on a premade pose to make the bison run Daz Studio quits.

Am I doing something wrong? I have 6 bison in my scene but the distant ones are depth of fielded and naked but the two up close look weird without fur.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I've used them a few times without any problems that I can think of. That was before the Catalyzer one came out and I have used that one too. Have you tried just one in the scene? It might be overliaded with the two plus the background ones. The other way is to make the distant ones billboards if they aren't too importantand see if that helps. Another way would be to load the bison into a blank scene, pose it and, if it doesn't crash, save it as a subscene and load it into your main screen.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I loaded a single bison. The fur is not parented, so when I rotate the bison for the pose in question... The hair stays there. not go along. When I parent the hair to the animal and move it at all....Studio quits.

Capture.JPG
    539 x 516 - 84K

Do you mean it doesn't move at all when you pose the bison? It moves a few beats after posing, not instantly . Which lamh bison is it? I'm not near my computer but as far as I recall there is a LAMH one for LAMH player/full program and the Catalyzer one which wont work in LAMH, although rendering doesn't seem to be the problem here. Just had a thought. Are you loading the naked one and then loading the LAMH one on top? The LAMH one is the full figure and doesn't need the naked one nor do you need to add the fur in the player as a preset.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I loaded a single bison. The fur is not parented, so when I rotate the bison for the pose in question... The hair stays there. not go along. When I parent the hair to the animal and move it at all....Studio quits.

I have the same problem sometimes when for example posing the Genesis Mouse from Joe Quick and the way around that is to pose them without the LAMH, test render, re-pose, & repeat until satified and then add the LAMH fur, export the LAMH as obj & test render - if satified good if not, repeat, until you get the scene you want.

edited July 2018

The set includes a hairless option , a set with lamh, and a set with Iray mats. Which is the one I should use?

when I click the lamh it loads bison at zero with hair pieces that are not patented. . To pose the bison I select bison and click pose. The bison model poses but the hair remains at zero. When I parent the hair to bison and pose the set crashes. It seems the lamh model doesn’t want to move.

when I load the Iray option it loads the bison with catalyzer. I just bought catalyzer at lunch do I just use this option then? Will it render hair even though it doesn’t show in preview as being there?

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2018

I'm going to test a few  more things. I think posing it before I put it in the scene is what I will try next.

Yeah, this is not working for me. No matter what I do the thing crashes. I can load the standalone bison, but the hair even when I render it with the catalyzerl doesn't show. When I try moving the figure, crash. I'm done. two hours of crashing and no-fun is my limit.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well, sound like a bug that the Genesis Mouse from Joe Quick doesn't have. frown

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I don't have the Bison, but the Catalyzer Skunk is working fine. I can move it and pose it with preset poses, Parameter dials, and even with Active Pose tool. The Skunk Catalyzer Group hair follows the skunk pose. Do you have any other Catalyzer animals to try to see if it is just the Bison giving you trouble?

edited July 2018

I bought the platypus and the catalyzer as well as the bison.

None of them actually render with hair even when the plugin is installed.

Interestingly I decided to try to uninstall LAMH, and catalyzer.... It says it performs that task, but the Catalyzer plugin is still listed, so the DIM Installer doesn't actually do anyting. So I manually removed the files, and its gone now... But when I reinstall it, no option appears to allow me to input a coad. It tells me its loaded, but... The last time I registerd it did let me save the code.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Maybe it remembers the code you entered last time. Does it gave a green icon to indicate it is registered?

@ Serene Night

When using the Catalyzer bison you render using the render button in the Catalyzer window, not the Studio one.

The hair of the Catalyzer bison should show grey in the window but wont show in an Iray window until it is rendered with the Catalyzer.

I don't remember having a problem moving or posing any of the LAMH figures and I have a few :)

Thanks guys. I will try again tonight. 

I got the platypus to render but the bison will not. It crashes.

Capture.JPG
    1361 x 759 - 292K