Victoria 4 and Genesis 1 "normal map"

Hi guys. I'm looking for a model compatible with Victoria 4 that contains normal map with it. I'm also looking for female version of Genesis 1 that contains some too. Is there anybody who knows a models that contains one? Thanks for the help and have a nice day.

Comments

• Unless someone specifically makes Iray textures for V4 or Genesis then I doubt you will find normal maps for V4 or Genesis as Daz Studio did not use them pre Iray which I believe was released during Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 era (if it was G3 era there was still support for G2F as I have some Iray addon files for G2F). The only reason I can think of that there might even be a chance for Normal Maps being made for V4 is if Poser used them and a vendor might have included them in a set optimized for Poser.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2018

Unless someone specifically makes Iray textures for V4 or Genesis then I doubt you will find normal maps for V4 or Genesis as Daz Studio did not use them pre Iray which I believe was released during Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 era (if it was G3 era there was still support for G2F as I have some Iray addon files for G2F). The only reason I can think of that there might even be a chance for Normal Maps being made for V4 is if Poser used them and a vendor might have included them in a set optimized for Poser.

I don't think that's entirely correct.

I'm about 99.9% sure that you could use normal maps in DAZ Studio prior to Iray being added (3DL definitely allows them) and I'm pretty sure (about 30% sure wink) I have one or more Genesis 1 characters with a normal map but I can't think which one(s); I'll have to look when I get home.

Victoria 4 compatible characters that come with a normal map might be a harder find, but people are still making V4 characters for sale at other stores so I am sure there must be some somewhere.

ETA: Well, I couldn't find any genesis female characters among those I own that came with normal maps, but David 5 and Freak 5 both do so there must be some. I did a google search for "victoria 4 norml map" and found a few V4 characters that come with normal maps, plus an iray skin converter for V4 and genesis that add normal maps on other sites.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • jord469jord469 Posts: 1

Yeah I know for David and Freak 5, I have them myself. Those are the only ones I own that has normal maps on Genesis 1 too. Can you send me the links you found with the models. I downloaded one and try it, but they don't really look good at all. Thanks.