Iray Live preview issues

Ok so i have read that the iray live prieview has issues for many of us. I am exsperiencing one as well

I have Two gtx 1080ti ftw cards. Of course they are NOT in sli.

So when i try the live preview for iray it quickly resorts to the CPU instead of the GPU which cause all sorts of crash problems. Any fix to this issue? I cant seem to find one on the internet.

Comments

• More details please - what are the rest of the system specs, do you get a crash report or error message and if so what does it say?

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Ok so i have read that the iray live prieview has issues for many of us. I am exsperiencing one as well

I have Two gtx 1080ti ftw cards. Of course they are NOT in sli.

So when i try the live preview for iray it quickly resorts to the CPU instead of the GPU which cause all sorts of crash problems. Any fix to this issue? I cant seem to find one on the internet.

mmmh, for a two GTX1080 I assume your PC is not the issue but probably drivers out of date, a lot of Subdivision level 2 on all (figures, cloth, big scene), a lot of raytracing (using sunlight instead exr maps), many teories but like Richard said, more detalied info is needed.

• no crash report because i switch out of  iray preview once it starts to raise my cpu temp into the red. My specs

Threadripper 1950x

32gigs of ram

cooling is really good on the corsair crystle case.

• anyone know a fix or is it just a bug i will have to deal with

• Well, is this a crash or a heat issue? If it's a heat issue that sounds like a cooling problem in the hardware.

• Well, is this a crash or a heat issue? If it's a heat issue that sounds like a cooling problem in the hardware.

well the iray live preview is supposta use my GPU, but instead it uses the cpu

• nickalamannickalaman Posts: 196

try with a simple prop like a chair and see if that works. if it still goes to CPU check the daz logs, i think they are under help, troubleshooting, logs... that should give a reason as to why it's droppping to CPU. Also make sure you have newer nvidia drivers and check your memory usage with GPUz.

should give you an idea.

Nick

• You said "quickly" in the first post - have you checked the lof file to see if there are any messages related to that (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File)?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I just finished writing a tutorial on using Iray previews in viewports.

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray Viewports

A lot of the information comes directly from Daz's own Getting Started in Iray tutorial video, I just packedged it a little differently and tried to explain a little bit of why you might want to make other optional changes.