G8 Bend Control

I do a lot of gymnastist style poses and find the distortions when legs/arms/upper and lower torso areas are bent look terrible sometime, has anyone used the Bend Control products https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-8-female-s-46267 for this and does it really work?

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

It is all manual work so you need to have a feel for anatomy and muscle contractions and bends (as you can see in the promo examples), but yeah, it works. I have used the G3 version in the past.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,213
    edited July 2018

It is not all manual. There are two overall controllers (Leg bend controller and hip bend controller) that adjust most other dials automatically. Of course you can tweak them yourself later to make adjustments. I have the products and use them for "normal" poses, but I haven't tried gymnastics, and probably wouldn't have the smarts to know whether they were right or wrong. If you have a particular pose that you would like me to try with Bend Control, I will do that, if I own the pose product.

Also, be aware that Bend Control is only for the hips and legs. It does not correct arms or upper torso at all.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596
    edited July 2018

If you really want things not to have the beer can look. You have to do the fixes yourself using a modeler or use the tools inside daz studio for adjusting the mesh. All Daz models are beer cans that can be pushed around and this technology has not evolved one bit. You really need a modeler or a shape brush to fix all the poses so they do not look unnatural. The best poses are those that come with morphs that help push the geometry of the beer can model so it does not fold or bend in unnatural ways.

Post edited by Silver Dolphin on
  • 3DBerlin3DBerlin Posts: 105

Thanks all for the replies, I have done some more reading and understand DS has a "rigging" editor for fixing areas that do not conform properly, can someone show me how to use it?

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

Youtube is your friend. I would use goggle to see if the info you are looking for is already there. This is not something you can walk thru easy on a forum without lot of work. Video would be the easiest way.

Youtube is your friend. I would use goggle to see if the info you are looking for is already there. This is not something you can walk thru easy on a forum without lot of work. Video would be the easiest way.

That would work if I could find the right tutorial on bend distortion. I am sure Daz has many ways of doing this perhaps Richard could chime in?

barbult said:

It is not all manual. There are two overall controllers (Leg bend controller and hip bend controller) that adjust most other dials automatically. Of course you can tweak them yourself later to make adjustments. I have the products and use them for "normal" poses, but I haven't tried gymnastics, and probably wouldn't have the smarts to know whether they were right or wrong. If you have a particular pose that you would like me to try with Bend Control, I will do that, if I own the pose product.

Also, be aware that Bend Control is only for the hips and legs. It does not correct arms or upper torso at all.

Actually if you will use the G8F base and simply move one of her legs up high like in a gymnastic splits position you will see what I am referring to. See if Bend Control will fix that