MR Hair caps?

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

I was playing around with Blacksmith 3D's new Hair creation system. I ran into a small snag though. I don't know how to make a Hair cap. Is there a way, a tutorial or a Merchant resource to start a new hair style?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

For which figure?

Here ya go..  hope I got the right figure somewhere in there..

https://sharecg.com/v/91745/view/5/3D-Model/Hair-Caps-For-Genesis-8-or-3-Female-and-Male

• talidesadetalidesade Posts: 71

Sweet! I'm not the op, but this will come in handy! Thanks for posting:) And double thanks for adding the permissions!

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
    edited July 2018

Thank you. That can work. But I would like to learn how to make one too if I can. Anyone know a tutorial?

Post edited by Angel on

I just started with a sphere, scaled it 'til it was as close as I could get it, deleted the bottom polys and then pushed points in or out until it was nice and tight to the head.  I did it all at bigger polys than I wanted in the end so I could apply a level of smoothing (Hexagon's Sub-D) and not have to move as many points around.  The more polys you have the higher the chance that you'll get lumps, and it's more work.

Oh, and don't forget to use symmetry

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
    edited July 2018

Mk, what about UV mapping the scalp and all that? I've never done hair bebore so your speaking to someone with complete ignorance. xD

Post edited by Angel on

I did it with UV Layout which is not a super expensive program, but more than you'd want to spend for dabbling.  Chances are good whatever program you're going to use for modeling has UV unwrapping tools built in.  Hexagon's are.. annoying, but mostly workable if you don't mind swearing at them for an afternoon.