Gray Viewport?

Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Hm. This is weird. It's only happening in this DUF I'm working on.. I went to render, and when I came back my viewport was totally gray. I can still render as normal, but I can't see the scene. Any thoughts?

(Yes, already closed and opened again!)

Post edited by Leonides02 on

Comments

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Hm. This is weird. It's only happening in this DUF I'm working on.. I went to render, and when I came back my viewport was totally gray. I can still render as normal, but I can't see the scene. Any thoughts?

(Yes, already closed and opened again!)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

No idea... have you tried merging it to a new scene?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited July 2018

What is the preview mode (the sphere next to the camera/view picker button at top-right? Did you get any errors on loading the scene? If it's in box mode, or if there's a big scene element missing its geometry 9and so replaced with a box) that may be hiding everything else in the preview.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Merged threads. Please don't post multiple threads on the same topic, it just leads to duplication of effort.

That was a good suggestion, but it didn't work. I guess it must be something in the scene, but everything renders perfectly and I was able to use the viewport before with no problem.

What is the preview mode (the sphere next to the camera/view picker button at top-right? Did you get any errors on loading the scene? If it's in box mode, or if there's a big scene element missing its geometry 9and so replaced with a box) that may be hiding everything else in the preview.

No errors. Preview mode is Texture. Nothing works but Iray preview. No errors on scene loading and when I render everything appear correct so I don't think there's a scene element missing. 

This is really strange.

• What does the scene contain? Does switching to a different view or camera (or adding a new camera and viewing through that) help?

Thank you for your help, Richard.

The scene contains 3 characters and buildings. It also contains the Iray rain. However, hiding any of these elements results in no change. 

Switching cameras does nothing. It stays gray even in "Perspective" view. 

Figured it out (kind of)... It was an object. When I delete it, everything reappears. But I don't know why because it appears normal on the render!