Help me render in Iray - please ...

AlfiAlfi Posts: 7

For years I rendered in 3Delight- I still do - but I need some tips & tricks before jumping to Iray. My last render took me 34 hours in 3Delight (pheew) and now I have had enough !

Facts: Figure - Genesis 8 female, 1 dress, 2 hairs - one with long braids. Bare feet :) All textures is the RSL version - except skin and eyes. ( But I guess I will have to change to MDL textures?) The light is flat, very even and soft-shaded. Render resolution must be approx. 5000 x 2000 pixels on a tranparent background.

I need a flat shaded but photorealistic render. From here I'll work my 'way back' to a less realistic look in Photoshop. I do need details in the braids (Marigold Hair) and also in the clothing and the eyes otherwise I cannot apply the filters I use in Photoshop.

So hit me with your fastest most detailed super smooth Iray render settings - pleeeeeeeease  - screendumps are very, very welcome ! 
​And also where do you - yes YOU - 'tick off' the background and the floor in the Iray render ?

I'll be eternal gratefull smiley

Screen Shot.jpg
1500 x 894 - 223K
Post edited by Alfi on

Comments

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911

If you are using an environment map the background and floor are controlled by the settings Draw Dome and Draw Ground under the Environment section of the Render Settings.

• AlfiAlfi Posts: 7

Thanks RobotHeadArt
    That was the easy part - then what ;-)