Oso Furries: Otter [Commercial]

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-furries-otter-for-genesis-8-male

A long time coming! I’ve been working on this all year. 

I developed Oso Fur because I needed an easier fur solution than existing ones, and now it all comes together.

Here are some extra promos...

2741D335-9B94-4843-BB76-735DACE6B658.jpeg
1300 x 1000 - 258K
97E59A7A-41ED-447B-B2E1-27C2593F6E45.jpeg
1300 x 1000 - 561K
4F3698E3-0D53-48A9-90CC-661BC5FEC52A.jpeg
1080 x 1080 - 416K

Comments

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,236

Much respect OSO, this looked like a heck of a lot of work, well done indeed. smiley

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited July 2018

I love your Otters and I hope it sells great because I want a lot more furries from you.

I would like to see a rabbit, a fox, a red panda, a lynx, a furry goatsucker and even a moth

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • Will you got products coming out of your ears keep them coming, and well done !

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Well I like it although since I am waiting for the last pro pack I want out of the 8 cycle I will wait to buy it when and if it's on sale again later. From the pictures it looks good though.

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91

I like this a lot, maybe not the first species I would have picked, but I'll for sure grab this. I hope there are more planned in the line! Definitely gonna be easier having a native preset rather than having to use GenX for old M4/Genesis1 stuff, haha.

Was going to say as well that your Iray shaders are pretty damn useful, though it'd be nice to have a few more presets to choose from (particularly on the fur shader) rather than having to modify the parameters yourself. I'd mostly got the hang of it with 3Delight shaders, but the Iray shader model seems a bit more complex to understand. You do good work though Oso, please keep it up :)

--A

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

Be sure to check out all the presets; there are basic presets then two different patterned ones!

And yes, Otter is a bit of a weird first offering. I just really like otters.

Also, way back in college a few friends and I made this fantasy world setting where the ‘pc races’ were non traditional: humans, centaurs, otters, and runners (think peaceful and somewhat dim witted velociraptors).

Generation 7 centaurs got me inspired, so attempted to bring new life to that old setting.

The setting involved a somewhat Victorian era style and design, thus the one promo of an otter tipping his hat to a centauride.

• LesleyLesley Posts: 9

It's fantastic!  I'm totally smitten.  I truly hope to see more work, especially if you plan on doing a honey badger... :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

am still on the fence, he is soooo cute, If I do get him I will use Misty's preset and fur him in Carrara

I don’t know how Carrara hair works, but you might be able to use the fur length maps to help?

• If you're holding off for not having 3DL mats, just know that the 3dL mats are on the way... here's an early WIP of the otter with 3DL shaders: 

Someone had asked what the otters look like without the fur conformer, so here is a version of one promo without the fur.

If you like the effect, it's definitely easier to use with clothing and armor!

Otter Pair furless.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 407K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,899

Excellent. You made it again, Will. Congrats.

• I too, positively love otters, so this went into the car straight away. Great job!

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited July 2018

... deleted and posted in relevent forum. My error ... too many pages open!

Do like these otters though.

Post edited by Td3d on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,693

I love it, you think to create also a beaver?

• Is a new furry on the works or coming to store soon, @oso3d ?

Equis: I have something else heading to the store, but I've begun planning another furry. I'm leaning toward doing some form of dog anthro, but, well, debating.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752

Way Cool.  I might try to get it.  Would you get upset if I suggest a G8F version?

edited August 2018

No, but I'm not likely to do one. ;) For a female otter just put the otter in a dress...

For the dog I might try doing G8M + G8F, not sure yet

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited August 2018

wohooo, consider pomeranians because this dog head looks a bit like a wolfie or a fox :)

Post edited by Tanis Volta on