altering texture on genesis not working

So until yesterday i've been able to select the surface of a character and change the image used for their torso for instance, now i can only change the entire body, if i select a material like victoria 8 face or whatever it applys the face to each segment of the body instead of just the face. i need to be able to change the texture for each segment of the skin becuase i alter the skinmaps in photoshop... does this make sense? what is going on?

Comments

• How are you selecting the surfaces, with the surface selection tool or from the list in the Surfaces pane?

• surface selection tool, selecting from the list doesn't seem to give me the same options, all i ever did was select the surface with the tool, then change out the jpeg image of the surface for that surface with one i made but now the base color just has a question mark in it, and even when i've selectied a specific surface if i change that surface it applys to all the surfaces, this is only on figures the clothing all seems to work ok

• Please post a screenshot of the Surfaces pane. Selecting rom the list, with the figure selected in tthe scene, should give the same options as using the tool.

• telephotographertelephotographer Posts: 17
    edited July 2018

the list seems to just group all the settings into their individual groups and the selection tool shows me all the settings thats why i liked the selection tool, now if i use the list when i find the right settings in the list and try to alter it it still applys to the entire figure, even if i just have face selected for example it applys to the torso, the legs and the arms, is there a setting the locks them all together or something??? i re-installed the program even to clear my settings but it still does it

Post edited by telephotographer on
  • here is a screen shot of what i'm seeing, normally if i select the torso i see a jpeg in the "base color" option and i swap that out with my own file, now it is just blank and if i put my own file in it it applies to the entire figure, like i said clothing works perfect its only figures

Screenshot (1).png
    1920 x 1080 - 711K
  • here is what i normally would see, as you can see it all works for clothing

Screenshot (2).png
    1920 x 1080 - 862K
  • I really need to know why i can't acess the individual surfices on the figure but can on clothing, I have a pending job that requires me to alter the skin on the model and i cannot do that anymore, it worked up untill yesterday and just stopped what is causing this!!!

• Well, I don't know why it is happening but if you look at the left of the Surfaces pane you will see that All is highlighted. If you instead click the triangle button to expand Genesis 8 Female you should see a Surfaces entry (from memory), then expand that to see the standard list of surfaces from which you can select by clicking.

• and by changing anyone of those surfaces, through the list, results in all of the surfaces changing no matter what not just the individually selected surface

• Is this a freshly loaded base figure, or one you have been working on? If you open the Tool Settings pane and switch to the Geometry Editor tool, with the figure selected, what numbers appear next to the surface names? Are they all non-zero, or are theer zeros next to most names?