New Greco-Roman inspired dresses for V4-- Poser dynamic cloth

RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I have just uploaded three new outfits for V4/Poser cloth room at ShareCQ:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70806/gallery/11/Poser/Tunica-dress-Poser-dynamic-dress-for-V4
http://www.sharecg.com/v/70805/gallery/11/Poser/Peplos-Dress-Poser-Dynamic-dress-for-V4
http://www.sharecg.com/v/70804/gallery/11/Poser/Ionic-Style-Chiton-Poser-dynamic-dress-for-V4

As the name suggest, they are Greco-Roman styles, suitable for historical renders. Both the Tunica and Peplos styles come in a long and short version, and the Tunica also has a gathered sleeve version. The Ionic style chiton is more elaborate, with an apron piece and lovely draping sleeves.
They are smart-props parented to V4, and Cloth room constraints added to the waistlines to keep them in place.
(Note: the neckline is wide, and will probably slide off of one or both shoulders during simulation. If you want a more modest look, add additional constraint areas at the shoulder(s).)

Also included in the zip files are the base .obj files, and UV/texture map templates.
Promo images show default render results, and default Cloth room setting results. Alter to your own taste! *grin*

Ionica1.jpg
1221 x 581 - 223K
Peplos1.jpg
1193 x 612 - 206K
tunica3.jpg
1221 x 614 - 226K
tunica1.jpg
1194 x 611 - 219K

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

These look really lovely, wish I could use them. I won Poser 10 in a prize draw recently - would they work there? (I've only used DAZ Studio up to now)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Yes, they're Poser dynamic cloth, so they'll work in the Poser Cloth Room.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I was just unclear whether Poser 10 had that feature, or only the more expensive Pro version. Now "all" I need to do is find out how to use it! (I haven't finished downloading all the content yet, and not read the manual, nor tried the Poser forum here, or anywhere else ... so plenty to keep me busy)
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The Cloth Room was first introduced in Poser 5 and it's been in every version since. Just don't ask me how to use it — I've used Poser 4, 5 and 7, but I only use D|S now and its dynamics system is completely different. I know how it works, but I was never able to get really good results out of it.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Thanks, I was just unclear whether Poser 10 had that feature, or only the more expensive Pro version. Now "all" I need to do is find out how to use it! (I haven't finished downloading all the content yet, and not read the manual, nor tried the Poser forum here, or anywhere else ... so plenty to keep me busy)

Hi Melanie, yes poser 10 has a cloth room, . there are a lot of tutorials on using dynamics, at the beggining it can be difficult, but after getting hang of it, you will see that it is actually a matter of knowing what you are doing ;)
    Here is one of my favorite tutorial on poser dynamics : http://www.runtimedna.com/Free-Dynamic-Cloth-Tutorial.html

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

A very quick image using a kit bash with the skirt only being Dynamic, and I am far from being an expert with the dynamic cloth. THis is done in an older version of Poser, P8. I have only used the cloth room a handful of times, so if I can do it anyone can. :roll:

new_fairy_2.png
    629 x 642 - 243K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    MelanieL said:

Hi Melanie, yes poser 10 has a cloth room, . there are a lot of tutorials on using dynamics, at the beggining it can be difficult, but after getting hang of it, you will see that it is actually a matter of knowing what you are doing ;)
    Here is one of my favorite tutorial on poser dynamics : http://www.runtimedna.com/Free-Dynamic-Cloth-Tutorial.html
    Thanks a lot for that, I've downloaded it and will make sure I read it (after reading the Manual!)
    Thanks SpottedKitty too.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    These look really lovely, wish I could use them. I won Poser 10 in a prize draw recently - would they work there? (I've only used DAZ Studio up to now)

Congrats! I keep hoping to get my hands on a copy of poser someday!!! :)
    Those are lovely outfits..... hmm.... wheels turning....
    '

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

I didn't try the big sleeves yet- that would take more work than I have time for right now.

But seriously guys don't forget what DS can do with obj files :)

Here's one of the dresses on Genesis in DAZ STUDIO!!! Not dynamic but looks pretty darn good yeah????
    :)
    Took me 5 minutes to import and smooth and rig to genesis. So thanks so much for this! It'll do until someday *wistful* when I have Poser....

PeplosDS.jpg
    595 x 815 - 147K
  • RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited July 2013

*Big grin*
    I am very glad that the Daz Studio users can use my things, also.
    While I am not a fan of the D/S GUI myself, I have know that for other people it is the bee's knees, and they can't wrap their heads around Poser's layout. It really does take diversity to make a good community like ours.
    Either way, I am happy to give back a little bit to that community which has given so much to me over the years.

P.S. Pretty picture there!

Post edited by Rosemaryr on