Graphic Novel Shaders and Lights [Commercial]

Graphic Novel Shaders and Lights

This light rig and shader set allows you to quickly convert whole scenes to render in a graphic novel style with sharp dramatic shadows and highlights. Go for Default colors, color override, or black and white. The shaders allow you to customize how the sharp/soft and bright/dark surfaces render. The light rig and color presets allow you to quickly change all lights in the scene. You can adjust lights further by the use of utilities that change brightness or hide parts of the rig. The GNS prop is rigged so that you can bend the panels out or in, twist to hide panels from the camera or scale them to change the amount of area hit by the light.

Here is the ReadMe Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

Way cool!  And it is a Marshian product too!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited July 2018

Still experimenting. It looks very promising! Here's my first shareable render.

Do you have any advice on how to soften the effect, like, say, for skin?

AlanScottGL01_GN.jpg
    618 x 800 - 67K
    Post edited by Sphinx Magoo on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Couldn't resist this one.  I don't do comics really but I am very interested in doing some experimenting with this. Looks like a great deal of fun! I especially liked some of the grittier shaders.  And, since its yours, I couldn't resist lol.

• These are giving me some very nice results!  These are Stephanie 6 and some dance poses, one with one of the flying fabric props from ThePhilosopher.

dancer 1 smaller.jpg
    576 x 749 - 252K
    dancer 2 smaller.jpg
    576 x 749 - 130K

Very nice hawkonthewing! Thanks for posting. Both you and Sonja are having some fun with this by now and you're finding it easy to use...looks like. 

• Excellent.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This is very cool! I'm having a lot of fun with these shaders! 

The figure gets a little lost in the dark background so I did some adjustments to the rig colors. I find that a light floor helps the figure not be so lost in the black.

This product is a lot of fun! Thank you for such a cool and unique product! :D

Very cool Divamakeup! You're welcome and thanks for posting. I was hoping to see renders like this.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Marshian said:

Very cool Divamakeup! You're welcome and thanks for posting. I was hoping to see renders like this.

I'm super shocked people aren't posting more renders with it. It's such a cool product! Excellent work, Marshian! :)

• MaloneXIMaloneXI Posts: 145

HI all !! 

It looks very intersting , yep. I'm looking for a "meaning" that could allow me to transform my scenes into a manga-style , or comic style look. Of course,  I got Manga Style and Shader and test it , but problem , the shader must be applied on each material part of the models into the scene.... Too long for more than 2 hundreds frame already rendered. 

So , on different advices , I searched for graphic cameras , and I got Graphic Art Camera from DAZ, closer to what I'm looking for , since it's easier to use. The graphic conversion is done through the camera... 

This product seems to be intersting since it shows a kind of cell shaded shaped. 

For those who got it , if I was clear about what I'm looking for (lol) , do you think it will do the job ? 

In the big lines , I'm looking for a manga style look , but without converting each parts of the models in my scenes... 

Thanx a lot :) 

24.jpg
    1200 x 511 - 391K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

@maloneXI - I don't think it will reliably give you manga style.  It's a fun product, and has interesting results though.