How do you fix lighting in preview (work window)

Basically, I've loaded an environment and lights that I want. In the Aux port, they light and show up in Iray preview beautifully.

But in my main workspace everything is too dark, I can hardly see the character, and can't navigate the scene at all. I use texture shaded for this while I work.

I have preview lights on, no idea what I may have altered to cause this. Thank you.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Try Ctrl/L and see if that helps.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 368

I can see the figure now, but the background is still dark. Thank you so far, I don't know what ctrl/L does, I thought I had the poreview lights on.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you are using a camera, rather than a perspective view, try turning the Headlamp on under the camera settings..

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 368

Oh, good idea, okay

• ctrl L toggles the light preview on and off - it's on by default, so the first press turns it off and just gives a generic headlamp (without having to have the Headlamp on).

Fishtales said:

If you are using a camera, rather than a perspective view, try turning the Headlamp on under the camera settings..

You can turn the headlamp off entirely in the General group in Render Settings.

• Try adjusting the intensity of your scene lights until the preview looks good. The adjust ISO in render setting until the renders look good.