OpenCL problems [SOLVED]

cookie514cookie514 Posts: 7

I've looked at all the other threads I could find on this, but i'm starting to have problems with dForce not finding a valid OpenCL 1.2 device.  I've updated all the drivers I can find (nVidia, Dell, Intel, etc).  Does anyone have anything else to try?  It worked as recently as 2 weeks ago, then didn't yesterday (was out of town for 10 days).  

Thanks

Post edited by cookie514 on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

The 'usual suspect' with this is with Win 10.  Howevevr, I also has it with Win 7 and a recent-ish driver upgrade (semi-forced to get teh then latest version of Octane to work).  With Win 10 it seems to be 'just' the Microsoft-supplied drivers not providing the needed level of IOpenCL.  With the Win 7 thing it was a driver that seemed to allow the OpenCL (and OpebGL) parts to time-out after a while and never waking up again until a reboot.  All I can say is I have Win 7 and am now on 397.64 (not currently the latest, but as this date I think it is latest bar 1) and it all works.

• cookie514cookie514 Posts: 7

Okay--After updating every driver I could think of/find, I ended up doing the latest Windows 10 Update--of course that fixed it.  I usually hold my breath on those huge monthly updates from Microsoft, because I always seem to have some kind of quirk happen.  At least this time, it fixed something!!