I am thinking of rigging a figure, What do I need to do?

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am thinking of rigging a figure that I am working on. What do I need to do? Right now it is a obj model but not divided into groups for each bone. Do I need to group the figure before rigging it or can I rig the figure without having to putting into the groups.

I am using an open source figure but it is all one mesh and is not rigged. It does come with some morphs, but those will not work with the figure after I create the separate groups. How can I convert those morphs into the new grouping setting, if I have to do that?

Sorry if I am abusing the terms. I sometimes use the wrong terms.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,823
    edited December 1969

A triAx figure in DAZ Studio does not have to be grouped, though it will make life easier if it is. A Legacy figure does need to be grouped, however. You can always use the Polygon Group Editor in DS to edit the groups, if you wish, though it would probably not be the ideal tool.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

A triAx figure in DAZ Studio does not have to be grouped, though it will make life easier if it is. A Legacy figure does need to be grouped, however. You can always use the Polygon Group Editor in DS to edit the groups, if you wish, though it would probably not be the ideal tool.

When I get home I will try to find some tutorials. Where do you recommend me to look for DS specific tutorials?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When I get home I will try to find some tutorials. Where do you recommend me to look for DS specific tutorials?I say you should start right here http://www.daz3d.com/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro