Unable to login to install manager

My password does not contain any special characters, this is the first time downloading the install manager. I have already followed instructions for uninstalling and re-installing. It just tells me "Unable to login to specified acount, check email and password"

Password works just fine on the website...as I am creating this post. 

install manager ver shows 1.1.0.100 32bit

Comments

• Are you sure the email is being entered correctly too? You could try creating a second account in DIM and reentering the details, just to check it isn't a glitch in the data. If you still can't log in please open a support ticket in case there's an issue with your account.

• gummby8gummby8 Posts: 26

Are you sure the email is being entered correctly too? You could try creating a second account in DIM and reentering the details, just to check it isn't a glitch in the data. If you still can't log in please open a support ticket in case there's an issue with your account.

Doesn't appear to be an issue on my account. I can login to the install manager on my old laptop, but not on my main PC. Again this is a brand new install on both machines. looking at the log file I see a lot of this

WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.

Any ideas?

Looks like an SSL error,

curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/authenticate) failed: SSL connect error

but I don't get it if I browse to that website it loads fine. What could be the issue, I have no firewalls or AV running

• Do you have the same security software on both machines?

Do you have the same security software on both machines?

I have no security software on either machine

Firewall has been dissabled in both the router and in windows. 

edited July 2018

I get the same error in Studio, when I try to login, even if I click the EULA link it errors out

2018-07-03 11:01:52.200 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Communication to server failed.
    2018-07-03 11:03:58.808 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/authenticate) failed: SSL connect error
    2018-07-03 11:03:58.808 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Communication to server failed.
    2018-07-03 11:09:17.917 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Eula/get_eula.json) failed: SSL connect error
    2018-07-03 11:09:17.936 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskGetEula failed, url: https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Eula/get_eula.json
    2018-07-03 11:10:19.315 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://hpclscruffy.daz3d.com/Customer/authenticate) failed: SSL connect error
    2018-07-03 11:10:19.315 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Communication to server failed.

but if I paste one of those URLs into chrome I can go to it and there are no SSL errors on the page

Post edited by gummby8 on
  • I think you do need to open a support ticket.

• Norton has recently started blocking Install Manager from acecssing the internet, which does create a login error.

• Norton has recently started blocking Install Manager from acecssing the internet, which does create a login error.

I've not had any issues between Norton and DIM

Norton has recently started blocking Install Manager from acecssing the internet, which does create a login error.

I have no security software on either machine

Firewall has been dissabled in both the router and in windows. 

I think you do need to open a support ticket.

I did that first thing, still no reply. Not the greatest start for my experiance using this new software. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

Yes there have been some problems with McAfee in the past and DIM.

• Jaromir BaldrianJaromir Baldrian Posts: 7
    edited July 2018

I am returning customer and i have the exact same problem. Daz itself logs into my account with no problems whatsoever, but install manager cannot. All i get is "Unable to connect to the specified account. Verify the email adress and/or password" but all is filled exactly like in Daz connect or hows that thingy inside Daz called. I didnt fill any support ticket as the form looks like China Nuclear Facility access request form and i got lost in the middle, or close to the middle. I have tried this on my PC with everything turned off, with everything turned on, on my other PC which does not have any security at all, didnt tried to reset my mikrotik router as theres no reason for it in the first place and tried my laptop which has ESET and is connetected via LTE USB stick. Called to ESET and they asked me what the hell Daz even is. So obviously its not ESET. Any thoughts?

EDIT:
    Yay, something new appeared

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "H:\Daz3D\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006409D914, QObject::isWidgetType()+4 byte(s)
    RSI=00000000642E0000  RDI=000000004AC29AA0
    FLG=00010246          RBP=000000000105C120
    RSP=000000000105C018  RIP=000000006409D914
    CS=0033  DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B  FS=0053  GS=002B
    2018-07-04 19:58:41.606 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Maximum number of samples reached.
    2018-07-04 19:58:42.651 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 35 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:58:45.771 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 36 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:58:45.774 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 1 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:58:57.020 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:01.367 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 12 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:06.388 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:13.032 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 9 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:39.810 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:42.167 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 2 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:51.289 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 5 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:52.248 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 7 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 19:59:54.434 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 10 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:02.114 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 14 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:04.450 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 13 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:06.702 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 12 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:29.841 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 17 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:32.871 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 18 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:35.666 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 19 unknown for QWidget)
    2018-07-04 20:00:45.667 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 16 unknown for QWidget)

Wow, dunno what anything of that means but i think ... its broken?

Post edited by Jaromir Baldrian on
  • I'm getting the same thing. I know that the first thing anyone is going to ask is password and username (email)  They are correct. I can log in on the website. To substantiate this, I coppied the email from the web... blah blah....    it's correct. I keyed it in each location with multiple attempts. 

moving on.  I used the DIM a couple of weeks ago. Everything worked fine. I haven't installed anything on this Mac. I reacceped the EULA. Still doesn't work. I uninstalled. reinstalled. restarted, etc.  Nothing seems to change it. I'm not running malware apps.

I was wanting to use Micahel 4.2  with the anatomy.  I would install from DAZ Studio, but M4 Doesn't show up there. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Or, rather, a longer one.

• SCPdesignSCPdesign Posts: 8

Was notified in IM that an update was available so I installed new version and now I cannot log in. The website works fine but not DAZ3D IM. And yes my password is up tp date and very secure; 20+ characters. Reverting back to prior version of DAZIM does not work. This is a server-side issue. (Unable to login specified account)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    SCPdesign said:

Was notified in IM that an update was available so I installed new version and now I cannot log in. The website works fine but not DAZ3D IM. And yes my password is up tp date and very secure; 20+ characters. Reverting back to prior version of DAZIM does not work. This is a server-side issue. (Unable to login specified account)

Tryu logging out and back in on the site.

• I have a problem and im very new to this I download the install manger and things are smooth there but when i log in its says the email and/or password you entered did not match our records. Please double-check and try again and I have and I made many accounts of basically the same thing and it still wont log me in my email is the exact same and so is my password so is there a way to stop that from happening?

• Same Here today!

• zoecmwzoecmw Posts: 7

Same Here today...

• Hello DAZ - I have the same problem or a very similar one as the OP. I can log onto the website but cannot log onto DAZ Central (not sure yet about IM). The first strange thing is that DAZ Central was even logged out. In the past it has remained logged onto my account between sessions. I opened it earlier this morning and it requested that I logon. When I entered my email and password, DAZ Central indicated that the email / pw combo did not match DAZ's records. The credentials are correct and valid. I am logged in to the website right now using firefox to post. So, there is an issue here. It is with the DAZ Central / IM authentication process and not with any given user's account. If someone inside of DAZ is monitoring this thread, they should consider alerting support. It appears that there is some issue with the software authentication process which is affecting quite a few users at this point. -- cheers spiritofrabbit

• two years later and by the looks of it I'm in the exact same boat as everyone else. does anyone know could this issue be dealt with?

I was able to log in just a few months ago and now it does not let me whatsoever. both of my login information, email, and password are correct but it still doesn't let me in. 

I tried offing ESET firewall and internet options along with real-time monitor altogether but the result came out all the same as before.

I can't seem to be able to figure out what the issue could be.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

DIM has had a few updates since you last logged in so that might have something to do with it - did you get an update notice at all? If you refused to update then I think it won't let you connect. Also, you can try changing your password via the website and see if that helps - make sure you pick a reasonably secure one. There have been server faults that have locked people out before but there was also a time where people who did not have very secure passwords were unable to connect until they changed them out I think.