Star Wars Renders 2013 +

Comments

• Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

Thanks for the comments both! I'm also repurposing the poncho for another character... she's still WIP as I have some work to do on the headdress and face

ahsoka-wip.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,497

Nice work!

• Phloki3D said:

Thanks for the comments both! I'm also repurposing the poncho for another character... she's still WIP as I have some work to do on the headdress and face

Bloody fantastic!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    Phloki3D said:

Is that poncho a Daz product?

edited December 2020

A couple of edits and a more substantial test render. Happier with the colours but not super pleased with the Lekku shaping, it's proving difficult to get them how I want them even with Zbrush.

I'm using this freebie with shaping edits, re-textured in substance painter and rigged with new bones. I can't seem to find any better solution out there that matches her new look but for now it works.

@tkdrobert Sure is, you can get the poncho from here: https://www.daz3d.com/chill-for-genesis-8-females

ahsoka-corvus.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Phloki3d on
  • blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 2020
    Phloki3D said:

Really nice work is that a daz studio figure because if it is there is a Rosario Dawson morph for Genesis 8 female . https://www.renderhub.com/monika/rosario-sexbomb-for-genesis-8-female I am curious about the head piece and if it will be shared cuz I wouldn't mind having a Daz studio G8 snips in my library
    Post edited by bluto on
    Phloki3D said:

A couple of edits and a more substantial test render. Happier with the colours but not super pleased with the Lekku shaping, it's proving difficult to get them how I want them even with Zbrush.

I'm using this freebie with shaping edits, re-textured in substance painter and rigged with new bones. I can't seem to find any better solution out there that matches her new look but for now it works.

@tkdrobert Sure is, you can get the poncho from here: https://www.daz3d.com/chill-for-genesis-8-females

Thanks.  How are you getting that ragged look?  Is that part of the product ot are you doing that yourself?

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 2020

Man, I tell ya, this image was a JOURNEY!  I am waiting, trying to be patient and understanding, and waiting, for the models discussed here, (Grogu: the Child, The Mandalorian, and The Razor Crest) and I appreciate all the effort that is going into them, but I cracked!  I just HAD to do my own render - NOW. I bought a $3 Razor Crest on another site, in another format and it was HORRIBLE!  Even for $3, just bad. I looked for a little spendy-er one and found one on sale for $35. It seemed like a safe bet and just plain wasn't. The author tried to save a DAZ Studio friendly version and I think it made it worse. Time. Time! Time, is precious!  So I went ahead and bought one at "TurkeySquid" for $67 (1/2 price sale!) and imported it. The mesh was AWESOME, but the textures were a WRECK!  Now, being something like a monkey at a keyboard, I vaguely recall completely re-texturing it with various shaders and then backed up and went with MEC4D's Iray shaders (I think, anodized aluminum, or bronze, or something) and then randomly tried this and that until THIS happened!  Not quite an accident, but man, it was A LOT of texturing/shading work. Despite the money and time and effort I wasted on SOLID, no-moving-parts, models I would eagerly, gladly pay these guys here for native DAZ Studio versions with poses and stuff. I am pretty happy with how this turned out, but am still very eager for these models discussed here. This image was rendered in DAZ Studio with just a little touch up in Photoshop (a light layer of vapors around the ship, and I'm not gonna lie - Mando is actually a silhouette from the Mandalorian font - HA HA!)

This is the Way.  (Well, it is -a- way.) 

DS_Razor_Crest_and_The_Mandalorian_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 401K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 2020

And another angle on the Razor Crest. I know it is not perfect, or exactly spot on, but it sure is fun being able to turn this baby this way, and that!

Edited to add a second version, with Mandalorian logo in background.

VT_Razor_Crest_Rising_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 193K
    VT_Razor_Crest_Ascendant_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 204K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    edited December 2020

@tkdrobert the torn poncho texture isn't included in the product, just something I made quickly in photoshop. I'm aiming to make a better one soon.

@Gogger looks amazing and worth the effort! There's a freebie over on Sketchfab with rigged parts to check out also

Ah. Censorship at it's finest.

Post edited by Phloki3d on
  • Phloki - Snips looks awesome!! Those boots are fantastic!

Gogger - It looks great! I feel like your story is basically the same for every Star Wars model out there. I'm STILL trying to find a decent set of phase 1 clonetrooper armor and it's been two months. Truly, this is the Way.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

For some reason, YouTube recommended a vid from a teenage boy who seems to collect high-tech lightsabre toys — I had no idea these toys had become so advanced.  Anyway, the kid handles the sabres well; we have come a long way from the much maligned and bullied 'star wars kid'.  So I was inspired to do this render, with Face Transfer (from a YouTube frame) doing a fairly creditable job.

SabreBoy.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

So much fantastic work here!!

I'm not sure this qualifies, as it isn't any established character or anything, but I liked playing with the idea of a bladed lightsaber :)

JEDI_JPG.jpg
    1993 x 988 - 2M
  • blutobluto Posts: 827

Wow I am really digging that lightsaber

• bluto said:

Yeah it looks almost Klingon

bluto said:

Yeah it looks almost Klingon

Thank you both for the encouragement!  Yeah, I first starting thinking "What if there was Spartan Jedi?", and then it morphed into this, so I can see where Klingon would fit in haha.

@duckbomb awesome render! And I wouldn't worry about established characters or not - I for one love seeing and creating original characters!

Just something random I worked on over the weekend

hellfiresquad.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M

That totally catches the SW vibe, in both tone and mood!  Love it!  I especially love the wrap on that back Stormtrooper

• Messing with a lightsaber hilt and thinking of other "Jedi" that could be around after IX - Jacen Syndulla

SW1.png
    1529 x 877 - 3M
    SW Jacen1.png
    1293 x 877 - 2M

draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

Messing with a lightsaber hilt and thinking of other "Jedi" that could be around after IX - Jacen Syndulla

I like them, especially the first!  I know some die-hard SW fans will call sacrelidge, but I do enjoy messing about with various lightsaber possibilities.

I finally got around to putting in some time painting out a custom skin texture.  I haven't figured out, yet, how to deal with the low resolution mesh of the torso, which is why you'll see some seems.  I modelled the horns in ZBrush, but I'd like to have had the skin push up on his head around where they protrude... I guess this is where wishing I could do my own HD morphs would come in handy.  I'm sure it can be done with displacement, but I don't know how since I already have a displacement map for his skin.  This is really just a test run, though, and I rendered it out to see how it would look once I post-worked it.  I'll work on a better version soon...

Here's Maul.  No robot legs, yet ;)

MAUL_WIP.png
    1747 x 1687 - 4M

Not one of my best but...

Standoff

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

Mando modelling in Carrara smiley

• @duckbomb - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC. Seriously!!

@phloki3d - they're supposed to be on felucia, y/y? Did you just use a screenshot as a backdrop?

@draven_11_74c1296a16 - I need one of those first hilts. like, irl need one. I love when artists go off the beaten path with design. It is, after all, a big galaxy.

@tkdrobert - lovin the beskargam color scheme.

@stezza - !! Now i need to cry again over that last episode.

Ok... NOW I gave him robot legs and a proper saber... thanks to Cyborg 8 for lending his to the cause... Poor guy almost had to go full Tiny Tim for Christmas...

MAUL_ROBOTLEGS_JPEG.jpg
    3165 x 2540 - 5M

Nice

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited December 2020

how's this?

<<p>
    sith_lord_the_Pit_1_intel.jpg
    1050 x 1680 - 456K
    Post edited by hacsart on

hacsart said:

how's this?

I like the facial markings on yours better...  lol.  I had a feeling the ones I did were a little thin in the black sections, but seeing yours (especially around the eyes) I like it better than what I did

Boba Fett with color pencils effect