Star Wars Renders 2013 +

Comments

• My lovely pet

rancor.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 875K
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    Oceliane said:

I know this one is pun-isheable, but... here is a quick render of Mace Windu.

I think it's great.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2015

You never want to get Rancor too stirred up...

Rancor-Oola-test007-1080p-sl.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 659K
    Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Does anyone have a good recipe for making a twilek, preferably with G2F, but others (gen, v4) would do?

Scavenger said:

Does anyone have a good recipe for making a twilek, preferably with G2F, but others (gen, v4) would do?

Well, basically, this and some colored skins is all you need:

http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=201

In My Oola renders, I used the Frankie Von Stein green skin, minus the stitches.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

Oh my look whay I found and made!

Oh my look whay I found and made!

FT.jpg
    953 x 774 - 270K
  • Oh Shiney

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Nice work on the flametrooper! I saw this game mesh posted yesterday, you sure do move fast!

• Yes, he may have moved fast to crank it out, but you should have asked if he's sharing it. :P

I'll have it over to be set up like the last trooper, depends on there time line but it will be out soon for free

Yes, he may have moved fast to crank it out, but you should have asked if he's sharing it. :P

Naa, I never ask if anyone is willing to share anything. It's been my experience if someone wants to share something, they will, asking for it just seems rude IMO.

Great job RDuda, loving your E7 suits over at VP.

Yes, he may have moved fast to crank it out, but you should have asked if he's sharing it. :P

Naa, I never ask if anyone is willing to share anything. It's been my experience if someone wants to share something, they will, asking for it just seems rude IMO.

Well you could ask about the cool gonk droid he was working on a while ago :D

Scavenger said:

Thanks. Hopefully I can get them to work with what I want to do :)

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    edited December 2015
    Scavenger said:

In My Oola renders, I used the Frankie Von Stein green skin, minus the stitches.

Thanks for the link! Here is my very first twi'lek render!

twilek.png
    834 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Rafmer on
    edited December 2015

Yowza, look at that! That's a really bright light saber, Rafmer. Is that Iray? I posted a render with a light saber earlier, but in DS3, I don't think I can get that kind of brightness. In Reality, I can. Also, by all means join the Twilek club on DA.

For skins, there are a number of resources. Ther are blue "Drow" skins you could use on a Twilek. Red devil skins work too. You could also use a pale "snow queen" skin texture and push the Diffuse channel to another color. I also have Vampire Frida, which would work as a blue Twilek, minus the dripping blood...

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on

Yowza, look at that! That's a really bright light saber, Rafmer. Is that Iray? I posted a render with a light saber earlier, but in DS3, I don't think I can get that kind of brightness. In Reality, I can. Also, by all means join the Twilek club on DA.

For skins, there are a number of resources. Ther are blue "Drow" skins you could use on a Twilek. Red devil skins work too. You could also use a pale "snow queen" skin texture and push the Diffuse channel to another color. I also have Vampire Frida, which would work as a blue Twilek, minus the dripping blood...

Thanks for the tips on skins, I'm glad you liked the image! And yes, it's an iray render. Wouldn't you know a similar morph for togrutas, don't you? :P

Rafmer said:

Thanks for the tips on skins, I'm glad you liked the image! And yes, it's an iray render. Wouldn't you know a similar morph for togrutas, don't you? :P

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/togruta-for-v4/65485

Rafmer said:

There'sa Torgruta on the same site Slimer linked to...http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=208 ; (looks like the same one that's on Rendo)

edited December 2015

Speaking of Togruta, did this one awhile back

swjediedit.jpg
    1238 x 903 - 620K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

Speaking of Togruta, did this one awhile back

I love your Ahsoka with a red blade. Wonder what she would have been like as a Sith? 

Scavenger said:

There'sa Torgruta on the same site Slimer linked to...http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=208 ; (looks like the same one that's on Rendo)

Thank you both for the links! Next time I'll move my lazy ass and look for it myself. Great render FSMCDesigns, by the way.

The one at the forum when I dl'd it said "v2" in a "version 2" sort of way..not sure if the renderosity was the same...

Oh wait..I can do bit comarisons...one sec.

and the two zips are identical..so never mind :)

• Grrrrr this logging me out everytime I come to the forum from an email link has got me about ready to dump Daz in the trash bin

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...I agree, this new forum software is more of a downgrade than upgrade as it does little to improve the user experience.

Crikey, the old PHP forum software they used back before 2012 was much better. Yeah, it required more attention, but uit as far better than this Magento rubbish.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    scatha said:

Jastamos said:

Orange girl.

*chuckles* I was thinking the same thing, albeit in a very different context. ;) Posted this before on page 12.  :D

Hmmm, can't get the settings right for the lightsabers in Iray... if anyone has pointers, it'd be appreciated.

edited December 2015
    scatha said:

Hmmm, can't get the settings right for the lightsabers in Iray... if anyone has pointers, it'd be appreciated.

Try keeping the emitting light around 6500K and play with the emission color for the lightsaber color. The rest are all bloom settings.

Red ones are tricky, don't go full red in emission color or you'll lose the white core. Hope it helps.

redlightsaber.png
    834 x 1080 - 26K
    Post edited by Rafmer on

Trying the togruta morph. I don't like using Victoria 4, too much work converting to Iray. It's a pity most of the cool mods are made for her.

Togruta jedi.png
    834 x 1080 - 1M

Raf, Genesis 2 & 3 can wear the Togruta gear, provided you have the clones for them, or the wear it all kit from sickle?

edited December 2015
    scatha said:

Raf, Genesis 2 & 3 can wear the Togruta gear, provided you have the clones for them, or the wear it all kit from sickle?

I haven't tried any product like that. Until now, if I wanted to switch characters I fitted the piece of cloth or whatever through Genesis, Genesis 2.

It appears to be quite a bunch of different products for the same or similar function; would you recommend any?

Post edited by Rafmer on