How to register Measure Metrics.

I have just purchased the Measure Metrics plug-in for DAZ.

When I click on the shopping basket in the "About Installed Plugin" window, it opens up the shop page for the item again.
I cannot see where to input my registration number anywhere. All I can do is add the item to my shopping cart once more.

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

If a plugin requires a serial number, and that serial number has not yet been entered, there will be a field to the right of the plugin name/icon... to the left of the cart button/icon.

• There is a serial number already in the box but it does nothing. If I click on it, it disappears.
    The status of the plugin is disabled. And I cannot see anywhere on the information for this product any mention of a serial number.

The only thing I can do is click on the shopping cart.

• There is a serial number already in the box but it does nothing. If I click on it, it disappears.
    The status of the plugin is disabled. And I cannot see anywhere on the information for this product any mention of a serial number.

That isn't a serial number, it's just a placeholder - the correct prefix (to help you find the right code in a list) followed by a bunch of Xs. Assuming you installed via DIM you can get your serial number by right-clicking on the entry in Install manager and selecting Show Serial Number, then copy it to the clipboard and paste it into DS: Accept the dialogue, close DS, and restart.

• Thank you Richard. That worked perfectly.

• TamasserTamasser Posts: 3

Many thanks!

• Help!  The above method does not seem to work with Daz Central, and as far as I know Install Manager is history today.  I'll try a manual install...

Thanks in advance!

• I do still have IM.  I updated it, right click on the product, I see "show serial number", but... it is grayed out!

Sure enough it doesn't do anything when I select it.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• It should be in your serial numbers page https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers , it starts SDZMSMT-010

• Richard Haseltine said:

WIt should be in your serial numbers page https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers , it starts SDZMSMT-010

Why yes it is!  Thanks Richard 

• edited February 22

Richard Haseltine said:

There is a serial number already in the box but it does nothing. If I click on it, it disappears.

That isn't a serial number, it's just a placeholder - the correct prefix (to help you find the right code in a list) followed by a bunch of Xs. Assuming you installed via DIM you can get your serial number by right-clicking on the entry in Install manager and selecting Show Serial Number, then copy it to the clipboard and paste it into DS: Accept the dialogue, close DS, and restart.

What is DS - Daz Studio as in the site where you buy the products or the Daz Docmentation Centre? 

If  you mean Daz Studio where exactly as in what is the exact name of the page or the path to get to that page because I cananot find it.

This is so frustrating. I have half a dozen things that I cannot use ebcause they need to be registered.

Maybe I am stupid but I want and need very precise instructions to be able to do stuff like this.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • vincent.a.vermeulen said:

Richard Haseltine said:

There is a serial number already in the box but it does nothing. If I click on it, it disappears.

What is DS - Daz Studio as in the site where you buy the products or the Daz Docmentation Centre? 

The site is daz 3D - DS, Daz Studio, is the application developed by Daz 3D.

If  you mean Daz Studio where exactly as in what is the exact name of the page or the path to get to that page because I cananot find it.

In Install Manager, if you use it, go to the Installed tab and right-click the entry for Measure Metrics then seelct the option for the serial number, or you can get it from the website https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

This is so frustrating. I have half a dozen things that I cannot use ebcause they need to be registered.

In Daz Studio, the application, go to help>About Installed plug-ins and enter the serial numbers in the spaces provided - the greyed out text will show you which serial number you need by the first few characters, before the Xs. Once you have done click Accept, close Daz Studio, and reopen. Of course there may be some sapces left over, if you have not purchased all of the bundled plug-ins (like Animate 2, for example, of the Face Transfers).

Maybe I am stupid but I want and need very precise instructions to be able to do stuff like this.

• Thanks I followed the instructions and was able to register Face Transfer but apparently for Measure Matric I had to install some other stuff.

Will do that and try again

Thanks again