JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS V]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Gates are are always a safe choice Jack, I would try Gates, yes that will no nicely. :P

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,134
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Gates are are always a safe choice Jack, I would try Gates, yes that will no nicely. :P

lol.. you guys!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Szark *squeels and pounces* Haven't sene you for a while you litte troublemaker *teases*

Btw Jack... when can we take you dancing in Aslan? *whistles innocently*

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

Bridge over troubled waters?
    Road to nowhere?
    Highway to hell?
    A ballroom blitz add on for the Aslan court?

edited December 1969

Thanks Kaz I have been trying to cause trouble elsewhere.

I'm on a Hiiighway to hell doing ditry deeds done dirt cheap. :)

edited December 1969

Oh you rascal Szark.. you are just the last rebel on the road, on your grey horse

(guess the song?)

edited December 1969

Google is so helpful Lynyrd Skynyrd - The last rebel

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Szark *squeels and pounces* Haven't sene you for a while you litte troublemaker *teases*

Erm, is that a euphamism? lol..

I don't really dance, I'm more the kinda 'meet you at the bar' kinda guy

edited December 1969

Carola O said:

Fine... I steal Szark and Totte for the dances and let you pay my drinks *smiles*

(though I did kinda hint at something I saw when hunting)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Carola O said:

Fine... I steal Szark and Totte for the dances and let you pay my drinks *smiles*

Aaaaah!

Sounds good to me, and I'm buying people drinks it's only fair I taste them first.. I wouldn't want anyone to get a dodgy drink *hic*

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Carola O said:

Aaaaah!

Sounds good to me, and I'm buying people drinks it's only fair I taste them first.. I wouldn't want anyone to get a dodgy drink *hic*

Reminds me of a story my former boss and mentor once told me when he was Texas on business, and sat in a boring hotel bar drinking whiskey. When the glass was almost empty, the bartender took the glass and said "Sorry sir, I think it might have been something wrong with your scotch, here is a new one". That happened three times until he spotted the middle aged lady in pink hair who kept paying the bartender for his new drinks. ;-)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Google is so helpful Lynyrd Skynyrd - The last rebel

It's really helpful aye.. I jsut love that song, one of my all time favourite ones :)

Carola O said:

Aaaaah!

*giggles* sure thing Jack, if you say so :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Product suggestions:

an old style Automat Diner

Cricket Pitch and props

Croquet Set

Railroad crossing for the Trains

Mummy Sarcophagus

Nighthawks http://shadeone.com/nighthawks/Edward_Hopper-Nighthawks-1942.jpg

edited December 1969

Jack, just have to say this and it can not be said enough... I just loaded the furniture set for Aslan 1. And it looks AMAZING, it's so detailed and just plain geourgous (probably spelled that wrong *sorry*)

I haven't actually rendered anything yet, but I had to just say this. Haven't even had time to take a closer look at the persian textures yet *smiles*

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

As long as it isn't called Bill ... ?

Bridges!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Nürnberg_Fleischbrücke.jpg

edited December 1969

Adding to Lycans list:

"Timeless" European town street fronts
    A subway train for the west park subway station
    A railroad bridge in stone
    A railroad bridge in metal
    Docks and moorings
    roads with tram tracks and electric popes
    trams and electric busses

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Szark said:

Bridges!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Nürnberg_Fleischbrücke.jpgToo true.

And Kaz I don't dance anymore with being a crip now I can't even run for the bus anymore. I just tried and I shouldn't have...oh my.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Kerya said:
    Szark said:

Bridges!

Too true.

And Kaz I don't dance anymore with being a crip now I can't even run for the bus anymore. I just tried and I shouldn't have...oh my.

We have to rename you Forest!

edited December 1969

Gump?

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Gump?

Run Szark Run doesnt sounds as good as Run Forest Run!

edited December 1969

Life's like a bag of revels, you never know when you will get a coffee flavoured one.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Kerya said:
    Szark said:

Bridges!

Too true.

Hmm... I've seen crippled and wheelchair bound people dance.. I'm sure it's possible.. but than agian, perhaps I should let you old men sit at the bar, while I harass the younger ones for dances *teasing wink*

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Jack, just have to say this and it can not be said enough... I just loaded the furniture set for Aslan 1. And it looks AMAZING, it's so detailed and just plain geourgous (probably spelled that wrong *sorry*)

I haven't actually rendered anything yet, but I had to just say this. Haven't even had time to take a closer look at the persian textures yet *smiles*

Thanks, enjoy the new additions to Aslan! :)

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Even more bridges. This one is wonderful and really looks like that with the strange bend in the middle. The Spanish and French pages have other pics of the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besalú

BesaluBridge2.jpg
    480 x 319 - 82K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

First time doing a zombi picture. five hundred and thirty second time using west-park (but still managed to shoot it from a different angle)

Oh and did this one the other day too but the Lobby wasn't really in focused on much so i'll just drop it as a link from my DA page.

Very cool render there.. nice work.. :D

thank you

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Stuff Dire, the Dire don't look so dire now... sorta a bit grumpy though.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Even more bridges. This one is wonderful and really looks like that with the strange bend in the middle. The Spanish and French pages have other pics of the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besalú

Oh I really like that bridge, especially with the gatehouse at the end. In fact, I like that whole scene. ;-) ~hint, hint~
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,033
    edited December 1969

How a bout a bridge, with simple walls along the road or a flattish area of ground that can be hidden in blocks, as a freebie then gradually add some buildings in a similar style to fill out the street as freebies or PC items (but make sure they don't absolutely depend on having the bridge set, I suppose).

edited December 1969

Me like Richards idea, let me expand it.

A classic European town bridge, add ons for European town houses, a waterside walk (much like chirocrates bridge but with more side walk stuff. Matching buildings, a town square with a fountain (or reusing some of all those great PC items with some matching textures and preloads to load them.

The Dubious stuff could fit here, but some street row houses like "LeVillage" would be great too (I worn those out, half of the pixels are gone ;-))

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

How a bout a bridge, with simple walls along the road or a flattish area of ground that can be hidden in blocks, as a freebie then gradually add some buildings in a similar style to fill out the street as freebies or PC items (but make sure they don't absolutely depend on having the bridge set, I suppose).

That sounds good. I've already bought a few nice bridge models here, but there are quite a few more I'd like to buy — except I can't figure out how to build a surrounding scene to slot them into.