turn shadows off on an object

does this option found under parameters display work? or does iray ignore it?

haven't used it in the past .. but in this case the table is throwing an annoying shadow. Highlighting the double sided lighting.
---
is the more to controlling the shadows? than that setting or is it non-functional?
the render was done with the shadwo setting of the table turned off

new iray test 4x5 18m.jpg
500 x 400 - 209K

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Iray is based on real world, so you need to either change your lights or use canvasses so you can do what you want in Photoshop.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

you can do it in Octane which is a physically based renderer so I reckon if DAZ wanted to they could implement it in iray too enlightened

but no us users cannot do anything but combine the table and the other render in postwork with the same lighting 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

While you can't turn them off, you can either use a light source that doesn't cast a lot of shadow (like, a mesh light), or if you have a spot light, change it from "point" to "disk" and increase the disk size. The shadow will blurr then. (I hope I described that correctly... Esha showed that in 'nuts and bolts' section of the DA Webinar about portrait lighting that was recorded yesterday. So much looking forward to today's practical demonstration!)

• thanks...  I was figuring that Iray ignored it.. but wanted to double check...

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Yes, the shadows off works just for 3Delight.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    th3Digit said:

you can do it in Octane which is a physically based renderer so I reckon if DAZ wanted to they could implement it in iray too enlightened

but no us users cannot do anything but combine the table and the other render in postwork with the same lighting 

Daz doesn't develop Iray, NVIDIA does. If NVIDIA doesn't provide the ability, Daz cannot make it accessible.