Weapons of Beauty: Katana (Commercial)

XP PointblankXP Pointblank Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Xilia78 and I are proud to introduce the first in the Weapons of Beauty series, Katana. She can be a deadly assassin, a charming pin-up, or anything in-between as she was made with versatility in mind while having a bit of attitude along with it. :)

Below are the options that she comes with:
•Weapons of Beauty: Katana for Genesis: (.DUF and .CR2) ◦1 Character Preset
◦1 Belly Button On/Off
◦1 Head Shape Dial
◦1 Body Shape Dial
◦1 Navel Shape Dial
◦Eye Closed Corrective Morph (L and R)

•5 Makeup Options:
◦Golden
◦Mysterious
◦Peach
◦Rose
◦Spring Fling

•5 Eye Options:
◦Blue
◦Dark Brown
◦Green
◦Hazel
◦Light Brown

•5 Nail Options: ◦Black
◦Chocolate
◦Crimson
◦Pink
◦Rose

•DAZ Studio Subsurface Material Presets (.DUF)
•Custom Poser Material Presets (.MC6)
•Custom Poser SSS Material Presets (.MC6)

We hope you enjoy her and would LOVE to see renders of her.

Thanks so much,
XP Pointblank & Xilia78

Popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 678K
Popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 790K
Popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 812K
Popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 824K
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 863K

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited December 1969

Great looking character. Can I ask where the leather body suit from the last promo is from?

• XP PointblankXP Pointblank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great looking character. Can I ask where the leather body suit from the last promo is from?

Thank you so much :)

The leather body suit is Dark Raven Reloaded with the Burnout for Dark Raven Reloaded textures.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Went straight into the cart as soon as I seen her :-). Did not even have to think about whether to buy or not...lol. Opened new releases seen her and off she went into cart and checkout....she did not have time to blink....lol! She is a beauty.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

She's a beauty indeed, though I have to admit I was kinda expecting an actual katana first when I saw the name *sheepish look* She will be picked up when I am able to though :)

edited December 1969

Went straight into the cart as soon as I seen her :-). Did not even have to think about whether to buy or not...lol. Opened new releases seen her and off she went into cart and checkout....she did not have time to blink....lol! She is a beauty.

Aww thank you so much :) Would love to see what you do with her.

She's a beauty indeed, though I have to admit I was kinda expecting an actual katana first when I saw the name *sheepish look* She will be picked up when I am able to though :)

Thank you so much :) I admit there were concerns regarding the name brought up, but each in this series will be following the same structure (plan is about one a month for the next 6ish months). Weapons of Beauty: Kunai will be next followed by Tessen, Sai, Jian, and Tachi. The names may be familiar to those who remember my Renderosity days (and my first product here that was co-created with Draagonstorm). These are completely new though, and aside from some similarities in the sculpts on some, are giving me a chance to completely re-envision them with the experience I've gained and technical advances of both DAZ Studio and Poser. HOPEFULLY, the names will be standing out a bit more as more are released. :)

edited July 2013

For me they sound like weapons I very much admire, and I do love to see those names in used.. and they do fit, it was just my little mind that needed to reboot a moment *laughs*

Oh and Tachi, that is lovely to hear :)... I looked at her today and was blissfully hoping that one day, maybe she would come for genesis (or Genesis 2)

Will they work on genesis 2 btw? I do use both genesis and genesis 2, so it's not a big deal.. mostly just curious :)

And I see I will have to get hold of some Tessens, so I cna give that lady her trademarked weapons too when she arrives *grins*

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    For me they sound like weapons I very much admire, and I do love to see those names in used.. and they do fit, it was just my little mind that needed to reboot a moment *laughs*

Oh and Tachi, that is lovely to hear :)... I looked at her today and was blissfully hoping that one day, maybe she would come for genesis (or Genesis 2)

Will they work on genesis 2 btw? I do use both genesis and genesis 2, so it's not a big deal.. mostly just curious :)

And I see I will have to get hold of some Tessens, so I cna give that lady her trademarked weapons too when she arrives *grins*

Thanks and I hope you'll like the end results. :) As far as what they will be compatible with, that was a bit of a curve ball for me how that has come into play. When I started about doing this set, I was originally planning on V4/Genesis and then when Genesis 2 Female came, it started being considered as well. I hit a bit of a wall with V4 when I realized I would need corrective morphs (and kicking around the idea of expression corrective morphs) and I wouldn't have an easy way to implement them. The skin was done at that point as well as the basic morph, but I wasn't satisfied with how the eyes worked when closed on either mesh. Genesis, and by extension, Genesis 2 Female have really easy ways to do this and automatically apply so I was forced to hold back with the V4 morph. The skin was worked to fit Genesis better as well.

I quite like Genesis 2 Female and love working with it from a topology and a base mesh standpoint. The mesh flows better where it needs to, but for Kunai at least, she is Genesis/V5 based (for the UV's only though). As I get a bit more experience with it, I will try to add native support for Genesis 2 Female on them either through updates, or straight out of the box. Sorry for the bit of a long-winded response. :)

TL:DR I will probably end up supporting both in the future. :)

edited December 1969

No worries, it is interesting to see how you artists think and such when you end up creating a character or item :) (even if I probably don't wuite udnerstand all of it *whistles*)

Sounds great that they will, eventually support both, one way or another :)

*sends many hugs, cake and coffee/tea (or whatever you prefer to drink)*

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    No worries, it is interesting to see how you artists think and such when you end up creating a character or item :) (even if I probably don't wuite udnerstand all of it *whistles*)

Sounds great that they will, eventually support both, one way or another :)

*sends many hugs, cake and coffee/tea (or whatever you prefer to drink)*

It's fun when there is a challenge. The back-end (coding, thumbnails, repetitious things) can get a bit.. monotonous at times, so a little chaos here and there can be good for the soul. :) Thank you and lots of Monster energy will do fine for us. :P

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited July 2013

I just got her but Daz studio is reporting a missing AoA_Subsurface.dsf file not included which is a little disappointing.
    Looked through the package and the Poser addon and there is definitely no file included it is asking for, which means you don't need it and its calling for it (reference error) or it really is missing.

Post edited by Scoopey on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:
    I just got her but Daz studio is reporting a missing AoA_Subsurface.dsf file not included which is a little disappointing.
    Looked through the package and the Poser addon and there is definitely no file included it is asking for, which means you don't need it and its calling for it (reference error) or it really is missing.

It's a separate free product for DS.
    http://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-shader-base

edited December 1969

Scoopey said:

Yes, as Vaskania pointed out, it's a free add-on for DAZ Studio. I had originally put it in the requirements, but I guess it didn't make it onto the page. It's a great shader base to work off of and use even with turning SSS off. With it being a free, separate download, didn't think it would cause too much of a problem. Sorry it wasn't stated though.

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Ah that explains it - there was not mention on the product page. Thought I'd better bring it up as people have been having some problem with Daz Studio 4.6 when it comes to loading files. I had notified Daz in the help requests so perhaps they might put it on the page..

edited August 2013

Scoopey said:
    Ah that explains it - there was not mention on the product page. Thought I'd better bring it up as people have been having some problem with Daz Studio 4.6 when it comes to loading files. I had notified Daz in the help requests so perhaps they might put it on the page..

Good to go and sounds like it's working for you now. Please let me know if you have any further issues and thank you so much again. :)
    Post edited by XP Pointblank on