Can Decimator also create baked morph targets at the same poly count as the decimated mesh?

NerfyNerfy Posts: 35
edited July 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hiya,

I'd planning on buying the Daz Indie Gaming License, and the Decimator plugin, for the sake of simplifying my character creation process, with the main goal of allowing players to customise their characters (using the daz vendor morphs primarily), and also cut down on mesh data through using a unisex mesh (as it's a web based game).

The character mesh would need to be decimated to a lower LOD than the base Genesis, but one thing which I was unsure about was whether decimating and baking with morphs would result in the exact same vertex count & ordering? (I'd be creating morph targets to morph with in my game, as separate baked .obj files).

As a bonus question, if anybody is feeling really generous and wouldn't mind taking a screen shot of what an untextured ~2000 vertex decimated genesis mesh looks like, that would help me know whether decimator can produce the results that I'm hoping for.

edit: On second thought I'd actually be exporting to a .dae for the sake of calculating how the morph also affects the bones, so maybe the decimated morph descriptor will be in there.

Post edited by Nerfy on