GoZ Zbrush 2018.1 Crash

namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 238
edited June 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

[GoZ Zbrush 2018.1 Crash] Well, just that, i can't use GoZ :( 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• What OS, and which version of DS? When was it last working (if it was)? Are there any eror messages? Which is crashing, DS or ZBrush?

• iamelmiamelm Posts: 6
    edited October 2018

Hi Guys,

I guess I have the same problem actually: zBrush is crashing when I try to send something to it via file --> send to zBrush. DAZ Studio is running stable.

I'm running Mac OS 10.14 Mojave on a MacBook Pro 2016 (2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 460), zBrush 2018 and DAZ Studio Pro 4.10. I recently changed from the trail version of zBrush to the full version so maybe that's a clu (it worked with the trial version and Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra). I would love to reinstall DAZ Studio 4.10 and zBrush both but the DAZ Install Manager is not running under Mojave and I'm not going through hell for that test. frown

Greez,

elm

Report extract (for anyone that is interested):

Process:               ZBrush [1489]
    Path:                  /Applications/ZBrushOSX 2018/ZBrush.app/Contents/MacOS/ZBrush
    Identifier:            com.pixologic.zbrush
    Version:               2018.1 (2018.1)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           ZBrush [1489]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-10-03 14:48:35.249 +0200
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
    Report Version:        12
    Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y667)

Post edited by iamelm on
  • Was the app fiel for the ZBrush trial in the saem folder as the app file for the full version? Did you reinstall the plug-in after buying the full version?

Hi Richard,

First of all: Thx or the fast answer. Apologies, I'm pretty new to 3D, so I might do some dumb stuff sometimes. blush

No, I deinstalled the zBrush trial and deleted all conected files (that might even be the problem, I fear...) and made a clean install of zBrush. I cannot install the GoZ plugin for DAZ Studio, because the DAZ Install Manger does not work with Mojave and the manual install does not work because... well... because of this (see screenshot). I tried ignoring but it doesn't write any files.

So I am pretty screwed right now I guess. But it's not the biggest deal if DAZ fixes the Install Manager soon.

Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 16.20.56.png
    649 x 377 - 74K
  • That looks like it may be a permissions issue.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited October 2018
    iamelm said:

Hi Richard,

First of all: Thx or the fast answer. Apologies, I'm pretty new to 3D, so I might do some dumb stuff sometimes. blush

No, I deinstalled the zBrush trial and deleted all conected files (that might even be the problem, I fear...) and made a clean install of zBrush. I cannot install the GoZ plugin for DAZ Studio, because the DAZ Install Manger does not work with Mojave and the manual install does not work because... well... because of this (see screenshot). I tried ignoring but it doesn't write any files.

So I am pretty screwed right now I guess. But it's not the biggest deal if DAZ fixes the Install Manager soon.

The Directory Issue you can fix by creating the directory yourself (done that before), but the question is, why does it want to create it if you already have DAZ Studio installed?

Post edited by Totte on
    edited October 2018

Hi Totte,

yeah... That's a good question. Thing is, the actual directory is called "DAZStudio4 64-bit" not "DAZStudio4". I don't know if that makes any difference because I kind of found a workaround for this – thanks to your question "why does it want to create it if you already have DAZ Studio installed?".

The solution works like this:

1. Create a folder named "DAZStudio4" inside the DAZ folder (simply in the same folder as the real one "DAZStudio4 64-bit"). You need to enter your system password and I think this is the problem with Mojave. The current GoZ installer doesn't have the access rights for the Mojave file system?

2. Use the GoZ installer. It should work now.

3. Move all the files from the "DAZStudio4" folder to the "DAZStudio4 64-bit" folder and place them in the right folders. Do not simply move the folders and overwrite them! Mac can't do that (Windows can). There is a "merge" option, but it is a hit-and-miss thing...

4. You are done. zBrush should stop crashing now. For me it works at least.

Thanks for the help guys! Much apprechiated!

elm

Post edited by iamelm on
  • I had this. Running Zbrush as administrator fixed it for me. Not sure how that works on MAC but maybe worth a try?

Good luck.

• Running as Administator is likely to cerate problems with file/folder permissions - it's possible that having done so in the past may be the root of the issue. That is why DS and DIM do not now allow themselves to be run as admin.

There is no run as administrator on Mac unless you open the console and run a sudo command. That would be a possibility but it won’t change anything since installations are always done with administrator privileges. 

Mac OS Mojave has a lot of new privacy „features“ screwing up a lot of things currently. I really hope Apple will fix this soon but my money is on a long term problem. :/

• Win10
    Daz 4.12
    ZBrush 4R8 P2

Problem: ZBrush crashes after opening when running Send to ZBrush
    Solution: Running ZBrush as Administrator and changing Security permitions of the DAZ folder where the DAZStudio.exe file is located (see attached pic)
    Hope it helps.

zbrush.png
    361 x 477 - 28K