Wondering about lights

In DAZ Studio's Viewport, you can use the camera pulldown to select a light and then "look through" the light to see how it's aimed. And if you move around, you are repositioning the light.

So why doesn't Orbit work when the Viewport is looking through a light? It would be so much easier to reposition lights correctly if we could orbit the current focal point.

Comments

• Have you tried the Aim button (keyboard shortcut ctrl-shift-A by default) while looking through a light, and with the item you wish to orbit selected?

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 742

I'll try it. The manual says Framing (not Aiming) sets the focal point, and in my case, the focal point was already set in the Perspective Viewport, and I expected lights to keep using that focal point when I switched my view--but they don't.

• Both frame and aim set the focal point, aim doesn't move the camera as frame does. The focal point belongs to the camera/view however - you wouldn't want your specially set-up head cam to suddenly start orbiting around the light fitting you were justa djusting, after all.