Decimator

I want to buy the Decimator plugin. However I am concerned before I drop $100 on it. I read online that you absolutely have to have Daz installed in the default location on your computer in order for the Decimator plugin to detect Daz. If you don't then the installer will say Daz not detected and will close the installation. That will not work for me since I have Daz installed in a different location on a different drive. I do not want to spend $100 on a plugin that I cannot use. How would I install this plugin?

Or does it install through the Daz Install Manager.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited June 2018

That would be very odd if true because the decimator is a plugin that is installed with DAZ Studio even if you haven't bought it and only needs a serial number you purchase to activate it. It operates on meshes in memory not on hardrive storage so where DAZ Studio or your DAZ Studio content in installed should not matter in the least to the decimator. And if what you heard is actually true then return to DAZ Store for a refund.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • I thougth it sounded weird too.  I just couldnt take the risk.

You said its already installed with Daz?  Really?  Where?

Help - About Installed plugins - all you need is the serial number I'm pretty sure but it's been years since I bought it. Once you buy it you'll be issued a serial number that will be in your DAZ 3D account's license number listings & you just copy it from there into the Decimator serial-number listing in the About Installed Plugins & restart DAZ Studio & that red lock will turn to green indicating the plugin has a valid serial number.

• dominiqueegarciadominiqueegarcia Posts: 14
    edited June 2018

Help - About Installed plugins - all you need is the serial number I'm pretty sure but it's been years since I bought it. Once you buy it you'll be issued a serial number that will be in your DAZ 3D account's license number listings & you just copy it from there into the Decimator serial-number listing in the About Installed Plugins & restart DAZ Studio & that red lock will turn to green indicating the plugin has a valid serial number.

I'm on Daz 4.10 and it isn't on my list of installed plugins.  Weird.  

Post edited by dominiqueegarcia on

I'm on Daz 4.10 and it isn't on my list of installed plugins.  Weird.  

Well if you buy it you'll get a download for it then via DIM, manually, or DAZ Connect & then you can install, restart DAZ, add serial number, restart DAZ, and if if doesn't work to your satisfaction return it for a refund.