True Anime Character - Male and Female.

Why has no one really done a true anime figure...a good one.  Aiko and Hero really don't cut it for anime figures.  I mean they are great but not as anime as they probably could be.    

Look up the term Anime Figures and you'd see what I'm talking about.   You can use those types of figures for reference.  

And what would be cool is if you had them morph between style types.   DBZ, OnePiece, FATE and sell those morphs.   

Maybe something at least on par with Black Desert

And if you do a girl version you need a boy version.  It is really sad to see characters that have no match.   I love the Cartoon versions of Genesis 3 but there is really no equivalent female version.  If you release please do both at the same time.  

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I don't know, in my eye, Sakura 8 is as anime as you can get and still be using iRay 3D shaders

https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I don't know, in my eye, Sakura 8 is as anime as you can get and still be using iRay 3D shaders

The closest she has to a male match though, are fan-made stuff that either requires a lot of patching together, or isn't very versitile.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,023
    vrba79 said:

The closest she has to a male match though, are fan-made stuff that either requires a lot of patching together, or isn't very versitile.

And https://www.daz3d.com/sasuke-for-sakura-8

• Yeah Sasuke.....is a good model but.....kind of different looking.  

Sakura is pretty on point.   I always wonder why folks bother to make a Female version and never a male or vice versa.  I mean I'm sure most folks would like scenes with both types. 

• Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

The Sakura 8 model is great for most things but in some facial expressions/morphs you'll notice the whites of the eyes can pop out and the mouth as well. This is shown in the attached imaged below. 

But the real limiting factor here isn't so much the model at the moment but rather there isn't enough anime hair or anime hair that is versatile enough. If you're desparate enough you can hunt for genesis 3 hair that kinda has that garage kit feel similar to the the Saber picture you posted on top. But it isn't exactly the best thing to do as you can get fitting and morphing issues. Even with the old stuff the anime hair is still limited. 

Sakura 8 Eye Sockets Sticking Out Problem.png
    532 x 289 - 408K

The Sakura 8 model is great for most things but in some facial expressions/morphs you'll notice the whites of the eyes can pop out and the mouth as well. This is shown in the attached imaged below. 

But the real limiting factor here isn't so much the model at the moment but rather there isn't enough anime hair or anime hair that is versatile enough. If you're desparate enough you can hunt for genesis 3 hair that kinda has that garage kit feel similar to the the Saber picture you posted on top. But it isn't exactly the best thing to do as you can get fitting and morphing issues. Even with the old stuff the anime hair is still limited. 

The white popping out of the edge of the eye sockets happens on normal DAZ characters too if you do a extreme eye - side to side look or something.

• Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

The white popping out of the edge of the eye sockets happens on normal DAZ characters too if you do a extreme eye - side to side look or something.

Yea, unfortuantely its easy to mess up the Sakura 8 face without going to "extreme" facial expressions or morphs. I haven't actually had the eye socket issue with the normal DAZ models even after putting multiple expressions on it. I've actually sent a ticket to DAZ about the Sakura 8 problem. They were able to replicate it, but they are not planning on fixing it. 

Yea, unfortuantely its easy to mess up the Sakura 8 face without going to "extreme" facial expressions or morphs. I haven't actually had the eye socket issue with the normal DAZ models even after putting multiple expressions on it. I've actually sent a ticket to DAZ about the Sakura 8 problem. They were able to replicate it, but they are not planning on fixing it. 

I get my the white protuding out of the corners of the regular DAZ G8 & G3 models pretty easily. I don't use prior versions often enough to have that problem.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

It depends on the artist point of view.

• Hiro 5 for Genesis is a nice anime male character. I mix him with Hiro 3 or 4 and sometimes Aiko 3 and 4 shapes for a bit more variety. I also mix his shape with Animated Shapes for Genesis 2 Male for more mature male characters.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Hiro 5 is not Hiro.  The model was made by Mallen Lane as a male counter part to his Hitomi (https://www.daz3d.com/hitomi-for-genesis-bundle) but was bought by DAZ who branded it Hiro 5 despite being a totally different style as Aiko 5.

jestmart said:

Hiro 5 is not Hiro.  The model was made by Mallen Lane as a male counter part to his Hitomi (https://www.daz3d.com/hitomi-for-genesis-bundle) but was bought by DAZ who branded it Hiro 5 despite being a totally different style as Aiko 5.

This makes the utter lack of Hiro in G2 and G3 make so much more sense now. They were done giving a damn about making their own as far back as G1.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996
    vrba79 said:
    jestmart said:

This makes the utter lack of Hiro in G2 and G3 make so much more sense now. They were done giving a damn about making their own as far back as G1.

"Making their own"? Just so you know, MallenLane is the one who had created previous versions of Aiko and Hiro for Daz (as well as V4/M4, G1, G2 and G3 bases meshes, and probably G8 bases too)...

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 352
    edited June 2018

Almost forgot about Hitomi, and she's a nice anime character morph too. I tend to mix in aiko 3 or 4 for more slender morphs. Tossed this image together yesterday to see how close I could get to the art statue sample in the first post. Probably should have used Genesis 3's Star 2.0 and SF Anime Character Builder to get a closer match to Saber, but I don't have a very big library of G3F clothes and I'm more used to working with Genesis. Rendered in Iray.

credits

Genesis Hitomi/ Aiko 4 shape

SaberHair by Qupeen

Sickle Fingerless Gloves by SickleYield

Gift Outfit for Victoria 5 by Markdc

DragonLord for Genesis sword

Colorized Background by Balivandi

saber_iray.png
    800 x 800 - 588K
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
    edited June 2018

I wish they could at least give us G8 versions of the older anime morphs, can't very well do it ourselves with Gen X, seeing as the genius who blessed us with that amazing tool has passed on. Thus no new itteration.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Can always use the old characters with the Anagenesis I and II products. Apply the shaders, or use the iRay shaders to make them look new again.

Or look to Renderosity to find some anime figures there. Muwawya has some excellent characters, clothing, morphs, and poses.

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111
    edited May 2022

Funny that, this old discussion that kinda ends with the suggestion to look into perhaps obtaining content from external providers is exactly where I am at right now. Just bougt the wonderful Sakura 8 Pro bundle and was indeed looking for an equally excellent male counterpart. The Sasuke character mentioned above was on sale so I bought him. Sasuke is ok I guess even though Smart Content is sure he is a female which should perhaps not be surprising given that the figure is "Sasuke for Sakura 8" after all, but it doesn't make things easier in the hair and wardrobe department. For now the only half-way decent hair I have for Sasuke is "Armani Hair" from the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials". Any tips where to find (or Frankenstein/cobble together) a worthy Sakura 8 male counterpart?

Post edited by Federmann on
  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 352
    edited May 2022

I recently purchased Lady Littlefox's Briar, Bramble and Bean for Genesis 8 Male. They are more companions for Posey and Petunia than for Sakura, but both character sets come with no-nostril nose grafts. There's also LexaKiness's Tidazo for Genesis 8 Male, another nice anime male with Tahiza For Genesis 8 Female as the female counterpart (both available at Renderosity). Using GenX and X-Transfer, I've been combining Briar et al with Hiros 3,4 and 5 and other anime and toon characters/ morph assets to create male character counterpart for Sakura 8. The nose grafts included with the Lady Littlefox characters are especially nice as X-Transfer doesn't retain the nostril morphs for Hiro 5 unfortunately.

Edit: A quick example combing Littlefox characters with Tidazo, Hiro 5, JoeQuick's Toon Hero and j.cade's Hal.

G8M anime chara.jpg
    800 x 447 - 211K
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,031
    There is - possibly to mix it up with Sakura8 - a TritiumCG look alike morph for A3 on G8F. It's here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/451151/aiko-3-reimagined-for-g8f
  • Ruslanomar recently released Masataka for Walther 2.0, a G8 Male anime character.