Can I delete these?

Every time I open either G3F or G3M, I get this popup box asking me to choose which one I want to load.  There is another of each figure in some Cloud thing.  What is that, and can I find it and delete it?  What is it for?  I don't want DS to keep making me choose one or the other.

Thanks.

!!!_popup G3F and G3M.jpg
839 x 387 - 51K

Comments

• DS will use the Connect install (the one in /data/cloud/) in preference to the Manual/DIM install.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

DS will use the Connect install (the one in /data/cloud/) in preference to the Manual/DIM install.

I don't understand.  I download and install everything manually.  I never use DIM.  I don't know what connect install is.   My main content folder is on the D drive.  The L drive is only where I keep other stuff.  I've only just recently started getting this popup, that's why I wondered if I can delete the G3F and G3M ones on the 'cloud'.  I don't want DS using my L drive for any installs.

!!!_popup G3F and G3M.jpg
    839 x 387 - 51K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Looks like you've got those figures installed twice, into different runtimes possibly.

• The /data/cloud stuf is the connect install - installed through Daz Studio, in the products tab of Smart Content or the products list in the Content Library or the Install pane. If you don't want it right-click on the product (not the files) in either of the first two locations and choose Uninstall.

• I have a similar issue with that type popup when I was converting a surface to Iray. I DON'T use DAZ Connect but do use DIM. I have my content on a different drive as well. So I located the cloud folder and deleted the unwanted duplicate contents but left the empty cloud folder just in case DS might look for it. That got rid of the popup message.
    Hope that helps you.

I have a similar issue with that type popup when I was converting a surface to Iray. I DON'T use DAZ Connect but do use DIM. I have my content on a different drive as well. So I located the cloud folder and deleted the unwanted duplicate contents but left the empty cloud folder just in case DS might look for it. That got rid of the popup message.
    Hope that helps you.

Cool, I'll try that.I don't install anything through DS.  I always download and manual install.  Only thing I have to get from DIM apparently are new versions of DS, or if a product I bought updates.  I know someone said DS Essentials updated recently, so I used DIM to install it.  Was that what made these extra figures?

Well, I went to the folder where the Cloud is, searched for Genesis 3 Female and Male.duf files, and just deleted the folders they were in.  After that, I rebooted DS, and when I loaded G3F and then G3M, I didn't get the popup box anymore! 

So thanks guys, Your help is much appreciated!  Back in business.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Stuff was probably installed by Connect because you manually installed your content wrong.  Do not extract the "Content" folder inside the zip files, extract the files and folders that are inside it.

• Deleting without uninstalling may cause missing file errors - the Content Management System will think the files are still there.