Celebrity model test. Guess who.

Fenriz DaggerFenriz Dagger Posts: 21
edited June 2018 in Art Studio

Hey everyone,

I've put quite a bit of time into this character, and I was hoping for feedback and tips. If you can guess who it is, then I know I'm at least going in the right direction! Please let me know what to alter or change as well.

I'm using the Grace model for G8 as a base.

Thanks!

Test.png
1000 x 1414 - 2M
Post edited by Fenriz Dagger on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

After a long hesitation trying to recognize, Christy Brinkley is the 1st name that came to mind. 

• After a long hesitation trying to recognize, Christy Brinkley is the 1st name that came to mind. 

Oh man. Thanks for the guess, but no.  :D

• Here's a smile test.

Test 2.png
    1000 x 1414 - 2M
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Smile does look very good but I'll not hazard a second guess as i'm not into celebrity culture enough...

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,973

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

I'd guess that too, although I find her prettier than the real thing.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Emma watson is what I thought as well.

• I'll guess Emma Watson. 

Yep!

I'm glad it looks enough like her that people were able to guess. :D

Now. Does anyone have any tips fro what I can change or tweak?

• Odaa said:

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

I'd guess that too, although I find her prettier than the real thing.

Thanks!

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

Yep!

Eyeliner seems overly aggressive, and eyeshape seems off, although if you are using facegen or headshop as part of your figure morphing process there's only a limited amount to be done with the eyes.

• Odaa said:

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

Yep!

Eyeliner seems overly aggressive, and eyeshape seems off, although if you are using facegen or headshop as part of your figure morphing process there's only a limited amount to be done with the eyes.

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually not using Facegen or anything like that. Just morphs. I'll have a close look at the eyes though.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,973

I'll guess Emma Watson. 

Yep!

It was really more the pose/expression with the light freckles and hair. Jaw, chin need some work. Nose should be more a trapezoid at the end than a triangle. Hard to give exacts without a straight on/expressionless/no makeup image.

• This is fun! I've been having a go at creating celebrities of my own in Daz3D as of late. I manged to spend the majority of an afternoon one day just on one face. As for feedback, I think what I would have said as already been said. I did not to know Emma Waston has freckles though (maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention?).

I've heard of Facegen but I like the challenge of designing the face myself, to show my interpretation of it. Plus, wouldn't the face have to be really clear (no hair or anything in the way) for Facegen to work? Hopefully it's easier than I assume to find a suitable photograph. Maybe one day I'll look for a tutorial and see how it works.

This is fun! I've been having a go at creating celebrities of my own in Daz3D as of late. I manged to spend the majority of an afternoon one day just on one face. As for feedback, I think what I would have said as already been said. I did not to know Emma Waston has freckles though (maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention?).

I've heard of Facegen but I like the challenge of designing the face myself, to show my interpretation of it. Plus, wouldn't the face have to be really clear (no hair or anything in the way) for Facegen to work? Hopefully it's easier than I assume to find a suitable photograph. Maybe one day I'll look for a tutorial and see how it works.

If you are comfortable with Genesis 2, you can download a free trial version from the Facegen website that only goes up to Genesis2 and "watermarks" the forehead. That way you can get a feel for the product without paying $$$ for it. The main requirement is a non-smiling, full-face portrait with the hair clear of the jawline and most of the eyebrows (a bit of hair over the outer ends of the eyebrows is workable, eyebrows completely covered in bangs is not).

edited June 2018

I have tried dialing face with only morphs from RareStone too but I lost both my patience and confidence too quickly that I could do better than FaceGen. I did find though that the DAZ Originals and RareStone morphs were very useful in completing a celebrity morph that FaceGen got close but not quite.

I to avoid messing with likenesses too much because it is very timeconsuming.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I have tried dialing face with only morphs from RareStone too but I lost both my patience and confidence too quickly that I could do better than FaceGen. I did find though that the DAZ Originals and RareStone morphs were very useful in completing a celebrity morph that FaceGen got close but not quite.

I to avoid messing with likenesses too much because it is very timeconsuming.

Agreed. I used to do dialspun characters for M4/V4, and it was fun, but not a fast process. Facegen plus last-minute tweaks with the dials is much easier, if you can get good reference images.

• I'll guess Emma Watson. 

Yep!

It was really more the pose/expression with the light freckles and hair. Jaw, chin need some work. Nose should be more a trapezoid at the end than a triangle. Hard to give exacts without a straight on/expressionless/no makeup image.

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna keep tweaking. I've been looking at multible pics of Watson from various angles to try and sculpt her as close as possible.

• Here's a smile test.

That is a pretty fair likeness. If I'm not mistaken, she tends to smile with her lips mostly closed.

Just keep spinning, just keep spinning :). Red carpet tends to be best for the type of shots you want, though her Cochella(?) paparazzi shots are good for a more natural look.