Help Using Transfer Utility

Hi, I am having some issues moving from Marvelous Designer to Daz.

When I import my MD .obj into Daz, everything looks fine (image 2), but when I run the transfer utility I get a mess. Is there anything I am missing? Which settings should I look into changing in order to have a better result.

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.25.35 PM.png
511 x 585 - 114K
Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.26.09 PM.png
511 x 495 - 94K

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

For me it works best when I use a base figure (no morphs applied). Is that figure base G8F or base G3F?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I think you need to scale the imported obj mesh to be big enough not to touch any part of the DAZ 3D model you are using as the "from" model with the transfer utility.

• callmepaulcallmepaul Posts: 54
    Toonces said:

For me it works best when I use a base figure (no morphs applied). Is that figure base G8F or base G3F?

It is Victoria 7. I will definitely try with the base figure now to see if it works. Thanks!

I think you need to scale the imported obj mesh to be big enough not to touch any part of the DAZ 3D model you are using as the "from" model with the transfer utility.

Will try this too, although I did some variation of it without luck :( 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Yes, but you have to do all the scaling, etc before the import. Basically, load G3F base. Import your shirt and don't do *anything* else.

Inspect to ensure the shirt fits the base G3F with default pose perfectly.

If it doesn't, keep working on the shirt outside of daz (or inside if you want to export as an entirely new object) until you can import it so that it fits default pose great when all you do is import.

Once you hit that point, run transfer utility and it should be a lot smoother.

Toonces said:

Yes, but you have to do all the scaling, etc before the import. Basically, load G3F base. Import your shirt and don't do *anything* else.

Inspect to ensure the shirt fits the base G3F with default pose perfectly.

If it doesn't, keep working on the shirt outside of daz (or inside if you want to export as an entirely new object) until you can import it so that it fits default pose great when all you do is import.

Once you hit that point, run transfer utility and it should be a lot smoother.

Thanks,I will try this