DAZ3D and Unity

Does anyone have experience with creating in DAZ the exporting and working with chariters and scenes in Unity?

Comments

• AEgamesAEgames Posts: 13
    edited June 2018

I've just started working with Daz2D myself and so far I managed to export models succesful to Unity using either the .DEA or .FBX format. While both formats offer the inclusion of animations, so far I haven't been able to get them to be imported into Unity3D though. The .DEA format does not at all include the animation and the .FBX format DOES include an animation, but it's a static one (confirmed it with blender). Not sure if a license is required to export the animations (any mods/devs can comment on this?).

[EDIT] Animations are working as well and they work best with the .FBX format. First rightclick on the animations bar and bake them into the model. Then export as .FBX like I posted in my tweet: https://twitter.com/DemiGoth/status/1010085113525358592 After this you can just drag & Drop the .FBX file into Unity and you're set to go. only thing left to do is make the Animation Controller and drag the animation into it.

Post edited by AEgames on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited June 2018

search on youtube work is the most direct method of finding instructions for such things. It's been done many times. It's not like a few years ago when that involved fixing a bunch of broken problem FBX files before you could use them in Unity.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

released just today

• inacentaurinacentaur Posts: 109

Experiencing issues like this:

Serialized file size of 11.40 GB (12242667333 bytes) exceeds maximum. File name: ''.  Serialized files over 4.00 GB (4294967295 bytes) cannot be loaded by the player.  Some likely ways to reduce this are utilizing asset bundles, re-balancing asset locations, or limiting their serialized size e.g. limiting the maximum texture sizes.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:ProjectWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, Boolean)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)