Mermaid tail for g8m

has anyone fit a mermaid tail to G8m? I am not naive enough to expect an actual product but wanted to know if any of the numerous female tails worked.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited June 2018

It's totally possible, but the posing is a PITA, LOL

here is a WIP of a scene I was working on last week. GM8 and the tail is the V3 mertail. I used it because the other G2 one I have is to frilly, feminine looking. Bascially move/scale it into place, add a smoothing modifier and set collision to GM8. I also turn the smoothing and collision up to about 15. I then edited the trans texture on the tail to show more of the chest since the figure is male. Now I scale down everything below the knees on GM8 to where it doesn't collide with the tail (about 40%) to avoid any pokethru. To be safe i also click the little eye icon to hide the shins and feet. Then I lock the side to side dial on the thighs to help keep them from moving outside the tail. Then comes the fun part - posing for the scene, LOL

Hope that helps

mermanwip.jpg
    1524 x 919 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

I'm making one as we speak, and Destiny's Garden is texturing it. ;)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2018

That is awesome! I can't wait.

This was the best I could do... Sadly the scales are oversized.

merman111.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

AIt's totally possible, but the posing is a PITA, LOL

here is a WIP of a scene I was working on last week. GM8 and the tail is the V3 mertail. I used it because the other G2 one I have is to frilly, feminine looking. Bascially move/scale it into place, add a smoothing modifier and set collision to GM8. I also turn the smoothing and collision up to about 15. I then edited the trans texture on the tail to show more of the chest since the figure is male. Now I scale down everything below the knees on GM8 to where it doesn't collide with the tail (about 40%) to avoid any pokethru. To be safe i also click the little eye icon to hide the shins and feet. Then I lock the side to side dial on the thighs to help keep them from moving outside the tail. Then comes the fun part - posing for the scene, LOL

Hope that helps

Wow! That looks great. I did my best with the little mermaid tail...... But yours is awesome. Love all the fish.