User Database won't import and products won't install

My older computer was replaced with a shiny new one with 6 terabytes and 2 video cards :)
The old computer was, and the new computer is running DAZ 4.10 - the old one had the latest at the time, the new one has the latest now - I don't know if they are exactly the same version number.  The cmputer switch and getting back to my normal routine has taken about a month.
Due to my old computer having a small SSD to run Windows 10, I had my DAZ producuts stored in a custom location on my D drive instead of the default C drive location.  On the new computer they are stored on the D drive as well in a similar location.  I have set this up as the default in the Install Manager.

Problem 1 - On my old computer, I categoriezed my DAZ products and exported the User Database - I have multiples of them that I created over time.
When I try to import UserData it always fails.  I have tried multiple versions of my old UserData files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ.  I have rebooted multiple times. I followed instructions I found on the forums for how to do this.

Problem 2 - I have set Install Manger to install everything to my custom location. Install Manager says that about 500 of my over 3000 products are installed.  If I go to the Ready to Install tab and tick the boxes and tell Install Manager to Start Queue, they disappear from that list and appear in the Installed tab.  DAZ Studio has almost everything greyed out (it only shows the basic items that come with the DAZ install), even if Install Manager says it is installed.  Everything was copied over from my old computer to my new one, so everything should be there, right?  If I click on the product that is greyed out in DAZ and ask it to install, it thinks about it for a bit, but does nothing. 

I did finally figure out that if I go into the Content Library and delete the default directories and left only my custom one, I can load scenes that I created in my old computer.  Before I deleted the old directory references I got multiple errors and people made out of giant blocks. 

But I can't actually use things this way.  The DAZ directory structure is a nightmare to navigate!

So how can I get DAZ to see my content and get it to import my User Database?

Thanks!
Helene

Comments

• Are you sure DS and DIM are looking at exactly the same folders? What security software are you running?

• HeleneHelene Posts: 109

Both are looking at the exact same folder. 
    I am pretty sure that I have no security software running, but I can confirm with my husband when he gets home.

He said I am using Windows Defender

• Please post screenshots of your Edit>Preferecnes>Content>Content Directory Manager dialogue, showing the current directories, and of the Install Maanger prefrences (gear icon at top-right)>Installation tab.

The My Daz Connect Library has a subfolder data, which has a subfolder cloud, which has a bunch of numbered subfolders, which ultimately have dufs, objs, pngs in them.

__DAZContentDirectoryManager.JPG
    886 x 497 - 68K

I could not delete the Recommended file path, but I think I have my custom path correctly selected.

Thank you for looking!

__DAZIMInstallation.JPG
    539 x 513 - 53K
  • Yes, that looks OK. So, the products are installed via DIM to the Daz 3D location, but are still greyed out in DS? Open the Content Library pane's option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab - and select Content DB Maintenance, then check Reimport Metadata, Accept, select all by clicking the master check box in the next dialogue, click Accept and go make a cup of your favourite beverage.

My PostgreSQL CMS was the Windows 32 bit version instead of the Windows 64 bit version.  When I installed 64, 32 was removed.  I was able to import all but 14 items which have a notebook looking icon in the upper right.   So, Yay!

I still can't import my custom categories though.  And now when I try, I am not given a choice of which UserData file to use from the dial down. 

__DAZ UserDataImport.JPG
    794 x 541 - 70K
  • Do the notebook icons may have a U on them? If so that marks user data, rather than vendor data (set by Daz or the content creator).