Plug-in To Save in progress renders so you can resume them later!

For the love of all things digital ... please someone make a plug-in that will allow us to save iray/3dlight renders in progress and resume them at a later date! 

Comments

• That's not really something a third party, or Daz, can do - it would, as far as I know, have to be implemented by the developers of Iray and 3Delight.

• I thought maybe it was just a matter of writing additional lines of code within DS. (Vue has the option, so I thought maybe it could be done for other programs.)

• The difference is that Vue is using its own render engine, so the developers have access to make it dow hatever they want. For DS both Iray and 3Delight are black-boxes, the Daz-written code hands the sceen description over to them, they render, and hand an image back.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

I think Reality can do it

• th3Digit said:

I think Reality can do it

You mean LuxRender - yes, it can but that's a feature of the render engine (LuxRender), not DS or the Reality plug-in.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Can't a deal be struck between iRay and DAZ? I don't see why it would be impossible.

• inquire said:

Can't a deal be struck between iRay and DAZ? I don't see why it would be impossible.

What do you mean? A deal has been struck, otherwise we wouldn't have Iray.